Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Can I Clean My Fan

CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by QuietSilence!@16 March 2003 - 20:42
    compressed air is  a great way to do it  but be carful not to  tip the can  too much as they tend to spit  liquid out and its  not good to get it on ur cpu it  will freez the spot that it touches and  temp. devations are not  good for chips
    Possibility only towards the end of can use (but why tip the can), interminent bursts works just fine
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    CornerPocket's Avatar Retired
    Originally posted by Luca_Snipes@16 March 2003 - 20:04
    If you have the time to spare, and the ability to remove the fan, i've found a damp cloth is better and longer lasting than the compressed air, took me an hour to clean last time i did a HSF assembly, but it was worth it
    So how did you get in between the heatseak fins? Using the method provided by Soul814...
    take out ur fan AND BLOW!!!! lolz blow the dust off

no pun intended........everyone has there methods and I'm sure they all work fine, guess it depends on how much time you want to spend cleaning and how much time you want to spend away from here
    "8-ball Corner Pocket"

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    Vaccum with brush attachment is best. Compressed air is messy and just blows dust all around. It doesn't really remove dust properly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12