Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fake Files

does anyone have any suggestions on spoting fake files befor i dl them?
    <span style='font-family:geneva'>... and damned is your life&#33;</span>

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    BANNED
    preview with videolan

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    you can tell if it&#39;s a fake if someone is sharing the file twice and the speed is super fast

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    natedogg's Avatar R.I.P. Nate Dogg :(
    get mp3 sheild

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    erRor67's Avatar Lord Of Everything
    but mp3shield is only for mp3s. There really is no way to protect youself from fakes. For movies, preview them after downloads some of it, for mp3s use mpshield. Other than that, you just gotta download them and try it out. The fattrack network is just full of fakes, there isnt anything you can really do.
    blah blah blah... whatever...

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Put kazaa on auto search for a dozen times. At the end of the search you only show interest in those with multiple sources. The more sources per file, the less of a fake it is. I have auto search set for 200 times.
    Why females insist on putting the lid down is beyond me.

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    vmt4000
    Hi, once you&#39;ve searched for a song, and you find theres loads of that song found, you will see that most of them say exactly the same thing for name, artist, album, a couple won&#39;t download those. Or download those which say track 9 lets say-they come from an album so won&#39;t be fakes. hope that makes sense

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    manker's Avatar effendi
    hope that makes sense
    ehh not even slightly.

the best way to lessen the number of fakes is to be more choosy about the p2p client you use. emule works well for me, as does BT. kazaa is certainly at the bottom of the pile. If your ISP lets you then newsgroups have substantially less fakes and will allow you to max your connection on each download.

manker
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    tomekle
    What is mp3 shield and how it works against fake mp3 files? where can I get it? Sorry, newbe here

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Mullyman's Avatar Poster
    DEMO'S WORLD
    Knowledge And Wisdom Are Gained By Listening And Observing And Knowing When To Keep Your Fucking Mouth Shut!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast