Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Hunted Not Playing

I just downloaded the Hunted which is an avi. It will not play, the screen is black. I used gspot & it says no codec needed, seems to show that it should work, is this a fake? (artist: Jones) I'm still in th process of downloading the part 1 version & I don't want to waste my time. If it is a fake, how can you tell before wasting your time downloading the things? I tried to preview/play, but that doesn't always work & it doesn't mean it's a bad movie either... got any advice?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Always preview any movie you're downloading with AVI Preview, say when you've got about 5 or 10 MB. You'll soon see if it's a fake or dud file.

Did GSpot confirm what codec has been used with the file and that you've got it on your system, or did it just report that no codec is needed? If the latter - it sounds like you have a fake.

As always make sure that you have a full codec pack on your system. A lot of the problems in Movieworld are down to codecs, or lack of them.

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Yeah, I used AVI preview & it didn't show up on it. When I used Gspot, it said no codec needed. I have Nemo50 and Xvid / Divix codecs all installed. I hated to can it just in case I was doing something wrong. I have several other movies that play just fine, so I'm sure it was a fake. If AVI preview shows data on video, but not audio, you can rest assured it's a fake...right? What I hate the most is that until I know for sure it's not good, I have other people uploading the thing.... I don't want to share trash

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    It's no good
    some fakes are just blank
    well it's better than viruses I guess

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    It's best to download verified files which you can find here or on fasttrack - that way you can be sure you're not downloading a pile of shite. Also there are much better codec packs than Nimo, such as SLD or Kazaa L codec packs.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    I had a friend download the SLD pack & it works great for him. Should I uninstall everything I have & use it? Since mine has been working (and it took me awhile to get it that way) should I mess with it, can I be sure that SLD will be better for me to use?

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Why not give it a try - you can always remove it if it conflicts.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    But I would need to remove all other codecs & packs first, right?

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    You can remove the other codec packs if you want, but i don't think you need to!!

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    Follow this and your set!

Originally posted by Me

Tips for finding verified movies:

After about 10 megs or 10% of the total DL of the movie, use Avipreview and see if its your movie.  Click the screen of Avipreview and an Index should pop up with some info.  If the video or audio part has 0 (zero), then its a fake.

After searching and thinking you have enough users, expand the list so you can see all the users for that file by clicking the "+" box to the left of the title and scroll down and check to see if the filenames match up to the movie your looking for and read the yellow description boxes that pop up too.  Sometimes it will say if its a fake or not.

Look at the length of the movie.  A trick I learned awhile ago is that any movie with the length of 1:02:08 is a fake. 

Check the file size of the movie.  Make sure its reasonable.  Sometimes the movie is split into two or three parts for easier downloading.

Check the hashes in the verifieds.  That will usually say if a movie is out or not and will usually tell of its quality.  Always check the verifieds first before looking for a movie which will save you some time.

The idea of verified files is so that you know they exist. The Sig2Dat hashes are just a way to help get you started on the download. You still have to search for them. Kazaa constantly searches while you are downloading for more users. Searching manually just helps speed up that process.  Running a type of speed-up (Sharemonkey or KaZap) will help Kazaa try and connect to the sources you find.

PL has nothing to do with speeds but priority on downloads(only on normal kazaa users)
    You can only download as fast as someone else can upload.
    You can only download if the other user has an open upload slot.
    Get rid of Ad-ware/Spyware and the like.
    Make sure your system is optimized for your connection (use a program like Dr. TCP or CableNut)
    If your downloading rare files, of course its going to be slow!
    More sources usually=better speed
    PATIENCE!
    Speeds vary on what you download sometimes...
    and...
    GOOD LUCK!
    Also try, http://www.speedguide.net or http://www.dslreports.com and test your speed there. If it matches your advertised speeds (what your ISP told you it was) then its not your fault. Also, try programs like Dr. TCP, CableNut or TCP/IP Optimizer...all found on either site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast