Thread: Help W/ Aim Forwarding 2 Cell

Bowen747x's Avatar Poster
    i just got the kyocera SE47 last week and while i was at work 2day a buddy of mine sent me like 10 messages cuz he needed 2 talk 2 me and i didnt respond cuz i couldnt at work,
    so i was wondering if it is possible 2 have the phone put like an away message up so that if i receive a text message it instantly responds saying something like "At Work", or w/e else i want it 2
    tYiA

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    Originally posted by Bowen747x@15 May 2004 - 19:41
    i just got the kyocera SE47 last week and while i was at work 2day a buddy of mine sent me like 10 messages cuz he needed 2 talk 2 me and i didnt respond cuz i couldnt at work,
    so i was wondering if it is possible 2 have the phone put like an away message up so that if i receive a text message it instantly responds saying something like "At Work", or w/e else i want it 2
    its possible depends on the phone i have never heard of the kyocera SE47

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    yea its a cool phone but i dont understand... it had auto txt messages but not auto responses
    tYiA

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    There's a good reason why they don't do auto-response.

Suppose someone has one of those message lines which have a fee on top of the usual message cost. All they have to do is find out who has automated responses and keep sending them (you) messages. They would make a fortune in no time, and be long gone with the money before anyone gets round to stopping them.

Meanwhile the victim (you) ends up with a hefty bill.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    not true at all, auto responses only respond 2 the same user after their first message
    and what would any1 get out of thta if they did that other then pissing some1 off

aright well if i cant have auto responses what about blking ppl from sending me msgs
    (like not accepting them or making it look like im logged off of aim or w/e)
    tYiA