Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Protowall

Poster
    i wanna try this out and i went to the site. but it says page cant be displayed. is the site down or is it just me?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Strange, I can't get to their site, either.
    But, protowall works really well. Better than Peer Guardian.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Poster
    yeah thats why i wanna try it. i heard about the blocklist manager also. what is it for and should i get that also? is there anywhere else where i can dl it?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    The blocklist manager is cool, because it will allow you to download many blocklists (just update the server list and there will be a good number of them) and merge them and then export them into the P2P app of your choice. The ones that are alreay there are K-Lite, eMule, Protowall, ect. You can even choose to have it export to protowall on startup of the blocklist manager, so you can open it and close it and that&#39;s it.

As for another place to get them, I&#39;m gonna have to check up on that.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    blank BT Rep: +1
    Their server is down right now. And with regards to how good it is, its excellent. Much better than PG. There should be a new release out soon but def get the latest one first
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Bishtawiman apparently has copies of Protowall and the blocklist manager among other things.

-- Xero Grid --

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BANNED
    Originally posted by 3223@15 May 2004 - 20:39
    i wanna try this out and i went to the site. but it says page cant be displayed. is the site down or is it just me?
    m8 test if a site is down..enter the url in the top right...

http://www.alertra.com/

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    thanks for the site. it says its down.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Poster
    i installed protowall but when i try to open it it says protowall.sys isnt loaded. plz install driver then reload app. what is it talking about?

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Oh, that&#39;s right. Without the site, you didn&#39;t know to install the driver. The reason why it works so well is that it&#39;s driver based so it stops bad packets before a regular program like PG would.

I haven&#39;t done this in a while, but you should to go to the program files folder and there should be driver folder. I&#39;m not sure if you just right-click and just select install or if it&#39;s something else. There should be a read me file in there in any case.

-- Xero Grid --

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast