Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Why?

Ex-member
    There's been a big influx of new members recently, and there's bound to be a few bad eggs in a big batch.

Let's hope we can weed out the unpleasantries, because there's usually a nice atmosphere in here.

PS@mrcall1969: we wuz robbed

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Originally posted by Lamsey@16 March 2003 - 22:04
    There's been a big influx of new members recently, and there's bound to be a few bad eggs in a big batch.

Let's hope we can weed out the unpleasantries, because there's usually a nice atmosphere in here.

PS@mrcall1969: we wuz robbed
    name n shame ?

3. Lounge   -   #13
    Ex-member
    hell no, don't wanna start getting flamed myself!

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Mivaro's Avatar _________
    Originally posted by Ynhockey@16 March 2003 - 21:38
    I think this is happenning because regulars are becoming annoyed with all the threads that could be answered by simply reading the FAQ and by all 'kazaa is going down' threads, and the like.
    i personally don't get annoyed with "stupid noob" questions and such, i have more probs with the flaming about it.... what is the problem with just answering the question nicely and tell there's a FAQ and a search function?

I too think it's less fun around here then when i joined a few months back, way too much flaming, spamming and hostile remarks at each other.
    'English impaired'

5. Lounge   -   #15
    Ex-member
    here's a suggestion: why don't we put :rtfaq: in with the regular smilies to make it more accessible?

6. Lounge   -   #16
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@16 March 2003 - 11:54
    When i was a lad....

Seriously, the last few months have seen a distinct deterioration in the perceived attitude on the forum.

This used to be a real friendly place; now everywhere I look there are Mods getting flamed for doing their...well I would say job, but that impies payment, and they are doing it free. Its volunteer work.

The n00bs get flamed for no reason, and sometimes the established members (hell, i'll get flamed for starting this thread)....members seem to stalk each other across the board, flaming for no identifiably cause....  I mean, if you dislike someone, avoid 'em.....dont stalk them all over.

Why is this?

I thought at first that it was a blowover from the Forum war with TRX, but its getting worse, not better. 

Has there been a reduction of the average age of the members (or at least those that post anything)...and a large proportion are now in elementary school (or should be)...?

For gods sake, this is supposed to be a 'community' with shared ideals......  The Mods are there for a purpose, they arent gonna go away...the more you flame them, then the greater the need for them. 

They are there to keep things tidy, and not let things go over the line....in this respect they do a great job, I cant think of any SERIOUS forum that will let people get away with so much.

No one expects that we will agree on everything, we're all individuals....If you disagree then say 'I disagree...because'  but lets keep the flaming for the lounge...

We have got somewhere to let our hair down.....lets keep the bickering in the one place guys...or I can see the  Admin having to make some tough decisions in the near future.....
    maybe thats why flinger left... i know that ill leave soon, but nobody cares.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    the dissin revolves around me

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Ex-member
    aaaw... i care, slammy! B)

9. Lounge   -   #19
    why are you leavin SLAMMY?!?!? Your one of the few that joines before December which means your sort of a verteran!

10. Lounge   -   #20
    I thought we were all kidding. Some people were serious about being unfriendly?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast