Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why?

Ex-member
    yeah, slammy's been here longer than you, shinigami!
    He's got a few less posts though...

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Originally posted by Shinigami@16 March 2003 - 15:39
    why are you leavin SLAMMY?!?!? Your one of the few that joines before December which means your sort of a verteran!
    i did join bfor december! i never noticed.

to answer the question, its what sum1 said: this isnt any fun anymore. all the n00bs asking questions that could be answered in the faq or in the installation manual.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Originally posted by alan36uk+16 March 2003 - 11:19--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (alan36uk @ 16 March 2003 - 11:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--dwightfry@16 March 2003 - 20:17
    I totally agree. This place isn&#39;t as fun as it used to be.
    People come and people go...

I have no idea what it USED to be like

But I enjoy the banter with you all [/b][/quote]
    You people haven&#39;t been here long enough to see the history of this forum. This was a small quiet community when I just viewed this forum as a guest then I later joined and it started to grow. Who knew it would be like this. Now there&#39;s even more newbie questions than ever before.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    Originally posted by The_Great_Dude@16 March 2003 - 15:48
    Now there&#39;s even more newbie questions than ever before.
    yup, thats true.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Is a good question RF. Thnx for standin up for the mods in it.

Think there are a few probs at the moment;

too little respect for other opinions as your own.

the heavy spamming some of you do, to have fun is oké but try to have it in places that are there for.
    Also topics can go their way. And will not have to be moved all the time.
    The postcounthunting, a lot are so blinded to get higher "Ranks". It&#39;s a rat race.... for stars???

just my 2cents...

added... the n00b question... why if that ignores you don&#39;t you just skip the post??? taht can&#39;t be that hard... ? Maybe if this is the big problem you say we need to create a n00b room.. just maybe??

6. Lounge   -   #26
    You guys are still going to let http://www.klboard.ath.cx/bb/index.php?act...f=5&t=20470&hl= topic live right? It&#39;s my place to have keep busy.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Skweeky's Avatar Manker's web totty
    The forum has grown a lot since I joined, and yes, the atmosphere has most certainly deteriorated...
    I don&#39;t mind the questions from the newbies at all, after all, when I first arrived all the board functions were a mystery to me too (some of them still are ), but what really bothers me are those people that are just too lazy to look for something. I never answer to these threads, and I think that is the most reasonable thing to do. Just as Rat Faced, I don&#39;t understand why people who don&#39;t like each other keep stalking and flaming each other.

Let me give an example of the boards atmosphere when I arrived:
    At that moment I was working on a task for uni and I needed some more information about the 1st Amendment of the American consitution, I posted a question about this in the lounge and 3-4 people send me links or even complete papers that were very useful. For the moment, I couldn&#39;t even IMAGINE people asking a question like this, they&#39;d get fried I think&#33;

I long for the time that you could start a discussion about a controversial topic and get a SERIOUS discussion. Now you get 2-3 serious answers and the rest are just unusefull posts....You know tilen, you&#39;re right, sometimes it seems that there just is a lack of intelligence around here. I think the board would be much nicer when some people actually THOUGHT about what they wrote...

...PEACE...

8. Lounge   -   #28
    Ex-member
    i think there are too many teenagers here. We have a tendency to talk rubbish and take the piss all the time.

some of us under-20s also get offended too easily sometimes - i guess it&#39;s because we&#39;re all walking hormone bombs.

on behalf of all fellow teenagers - sorry &#33;

9. Lounge   -   #29
    scribblec's Avatar Poster
    uh whats a bin file
    and um whats kazaa
    are they gonna sue us for sharing
    they offerred to kill me cos im sharing
    how do u post

just some of the stupid things

i dont think ive ever posted a stupid noob question

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Ex-member
    uh whats a bin file
    speaking of which, is it normal for a 600MB .bin to convert to a 500MB .iso?

this is a real question, I&#39;m afraid...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast