Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Files Not Found

ok guys, thanks for the help. i didn't mean to start a war or anything. i'll try uninstalling kazaa from his computer and trying it again.

ps. yes he has enough space on his computer. he has like 40GB free.

2. File Sharing   -   #12
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    No, 'tis not a war, just diffrent opinions.

3. File Sharing   -   #13
    BANNED
    i thought he said that he put the dat file on his friends pc then it was downloading and then it disappeared??

4. File Sharing   -   #14
    ok, let me try to explain this a little better. i started downloading on my pc, took the dat files from mine to a friends to finish downloading. once there i did more searches and all files, the old dat files and the new ones, once downloaded were gone from the hard drive.

5. File Sharing   -   #15
    BANNED
    so what you are saying is the ones you brought from you pc to your friends pc did in fact finish downloading then disapeared right??

6. File Sharing   -   #16
    Autumn Fox's Avatar n00b
    He's saying that ALL of his files, irrelevane wheter .dats have been moved or not, have disappired.

The moved .dats disappired probably because their information about to which folder "appire" as finished downloads contained info about a folder that did not existed on your friends computer. Creating it now will be reasonable only if you have any more of your old .dats or if you want to move your new .dats to your old computer or you might try to recover them, although, thoes files are most likely lost, you can try to recover them with a program ment to do such things.
    Use Google for it.

The new ones might got lost due to corruption, though i doubt that all of them have been affected by it. And the lack of space isn't applicable here either.

When i come up with something i'll let you know.

Edit. If he has, and he should, an AV acctivated check its quarantine folder/list for files which have names like K-Lite downloads (lots of numbers with a .dat extension) and check when thoes files, if any, have been moved into quarantine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12