Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cpu Too Hot To Be Happy

ello mates.

i have a barton 2800+ currently not overclocked with the Giga byte 3d cooler
    and just listerning to music and chatting and surfing my temps are 43.5 degress C

Why so high!!! i have AS5 on, i had it before and i removed it all and put different AS5 on a bit ago and they are that high.. i know it takes time for it too start working, how long is that, and shouldn't it still be lower then 43.5?

EdIT: i have 11 fans in my case and my case temp is 23-25 C, why is CPU so high?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    well its pretty warm over there right? just started warming up over here i ontario, and my cpu temp (which is regularly idle at around 34\35 [sig needs updating very badly]) was up to like 40 maybe 42 sometimes, and around 47 load becuase of the hot weather last week, this week its rainy here but not sure how it is over there...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    lynx's Avatar .
    I considered getting that HSF, but had a good read about it first.

I came to the conclusion that it's fairly quiet, but on balance the temp control isn't actually all that impressive.

I suppose it depends on how many reviews you want to read.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Double Agent
    Originally posted by scottwile@18 May 2004 - 17:26
    ello mates.

i have a barton 2800+ currently not overclocked with the Giga byte 3d cooler
    and just listerning to music and chatting and surfing my temps are 43.5 degress C

Why so high!!! i have AS5 on, i had it before and i removed it all and put different AS5 on a bit ago and they are that high.. i know it takes time for it too start working, how long is that, and shouldn't it still be lower then 43.5?

EdIT: i have 11 fans in my case and my case temp is 23-25 C, why is CPU so high?
    what motherboard u have?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Poster
    i also have that same problem my cpu gets hot and the weather is hot out here in Houston,Texas and can i like turn and the A.C. to cool my cpu down

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Double Agent
    there is a better way to cool down

there is a program called vcool but it's only for gigabyte boards, what it does is send your cpu into a reverse loop, in effect stopping your cpu dead cold.

you can still run apps like normal but the temperature is downed signiicantly.

you guys can try it out if you have gigabyte boards

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    jesus guys im happy if i get my CPU in the 50s

just leave it be and stop worry about ur damn CPU temp
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>AMD 2600
    512 DDR RAM
    160GB HDD
    GeForce 5600 FX 256mb
    Sony DVD writer +/-
    Windows XP</span></span>
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Bit torrent client - ABC</span></span></span>

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Originally posted by bilko@10 June 2004 - 00:16

This was a month ago u know
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    atiVidia's Avatar ^would've been cool.
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy+10 June 2004 - 05:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SingaBoiy @ 10 June 2004 - 05:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-bilko@10 June 2004 - 00:16

This was a month ago u know [/b][/quote]
    hmmm...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast