Thread: Warcraft Iii The Frozen Throne

Poster
    I have downloaded the new patch (1.15) from the official website www.blizzard.com

The file is 22 MB big , which is quite a big file for a 56k-er like me.But the patch can't be applied, I start the downloaded exe file and it gives me an error:

Blizzard PrePatch v2.70 compiled on Jul 7 2003
    This program patches Warcraft 3

Log created at 1:43 am on 05/18/2004

Registry error loading key 'Warcraft III\InstallPath'
    The system cannot find the file specified.

RESULT: Prepatch failed

What ?? What should I do ?

2. Games   -   #2
    Have you tryed re-installing? Just make a backup of your "save" folder to keep your saved games?

3. Games   -   #3
    had the same problem. fixed it by renaming war3x.mpq to war3xlocal.mpq (the file that it says is missing). then i installed the 14b patch then the 15. this was Roh so it might not work
    i have a problem installin frozen throne - it keeps stoping when it tries to install war3x.mpq. i left it on 4 an hour and it didnt move. any1 know how 2 fix this? i installed the game around have a year ago fine

4. Games   -   #4
    Poster
    I solved the problem by using a tool called War3RegFix.It fixes the Warcraft III registry entrys.

Also you need to have fresh (clean, uncracked) War3.exe & WorldEdit.exe files in your Warcraft III directory to succesfully install the patch.

You can find the "fresh" files of version 1.14b here.

5. Games   -   #5
    where did u get the file?