Don't bother, they're here.

Isn't it rich?
    Isn't it queer,
    Losing my timing this late
    In my career?
    And where are the clowns?
    There ought to be clowns.
    Well, maybe next year.

Phrase adapted and used by various people.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Cheers JP, I believe that Krusty the clown sang that in an episode of the Simpsons...though I doubt that was the original version.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    Poster
    Originally posted by Withcheese@18 May 2004 - 20:12
    Cheers JP, I believe that Krusty the clown sang that in an episode of the Simpsons...though I doubt that was the original version.
    If memory serves Sideshow Mel walked onto the stage at the end signing "They're already here" or somesuch. Or perhaps "Don't bother they're here". Stop hassling me about it ffs.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    It occurs to me that people often cite mad scientists cloning Hitler (tricky, I believe, as I think the Russians cremated him) as a reason to ban cloning.

However, what about a less mad scientist cloning lots of Helen of Troys (no I haven't seen it - poor Homer, Doh&#33 or Cleopatras or Nefertitis - I think you can see where I am going with this.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Poster
    Originally posted by Biggles@18 May 2004 - 20:55
    It occurs to me that people often cite mad scientists cloning Hitler (tricky, I believe, as I think the Russians cremated him) as a reason to ban cloning.

However, what about a less mad scientist cloning lots of Helen of Troys (no I haven't seen it - poor Homer, Doh&#33 or Cleopatras or Nefertitis - I think you can see where I am going with this.
    I think The Boys from Brazil proves beyond any reasonable doubt that environmental conditioning would also be a factor.

This is definitely true, because of science.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Absolutely agree that environmental factors are an essential element. Hitler's father's obsession with uniforms and beating young Hitler clearly had some effect on his son's outlook later in life. A Hitler clone raised by a Ozzy Osbourne type figure might be altogether different.

However, environmental factors (expect perhaps extreme poverty) would have little impact on my strategy to flood the world with eye candy - all in the interests of science of course.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Biggles@18 May 2004 - 18:55

I do believe that one of Hitler's testicles does in fact reside at the Albert Hall...

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    Originally posted by Withcheese+18 May 2004 - 20:08--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Withcheese &#064; 18 May 2004 - 20:08)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Biggles@18 May 2004 - 18:55

However, what about a less mad scientist cloning lots of Helen of Troys (no I haven&#39;t seen it - poor Homer, Doh&#33 or Cleopatras or Nefertitis - I think you can see where I am going with this.
    I do believe that one of Hitler&#39;s testicles does in fact reside at the Albert Hall... [/b][/quote]
    ?

Is it in Concert there or something?

Theres a popular song from the era that implied he only had one to start with

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    Poster
    Originally posted by Rat Faced+18 May 2004 - 21:10--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rat Faced @ 18 May 2004 - 21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Withcheese@18 May 2004 - 20:08
    <!--QuoteBegin-Biggles
    @18 May 2004 - 18:55

However, what about a less mad scientist cloning lots of Helen of Troys (no I haven&#39;t seen it - poor Homer, Doh&#33 or Cleopatras or Nefertitis - I think you can see where I am going with this.

I do believe that one of Hitler&#39;s testicles does in fact reside at the Albert Hall...
    ?

Is it in Concert there or something?

Theres a popular song from the era that implied he only had one to start with [/b][/quote]
    And Goebbels apparently had none.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Maybe we should clone them both to settle it once and for all..

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast