Thread: Radeon 9200 256mb

Poster
    hi i was wondering if these are any good, would i be able to play far cry with it.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    its old, slow and never was good value for money - Radeon 9600xt = good value last time i looked, but i think i'm getting old

not sure about Far Cry, look up its official website to find its requirements

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    lynx's Avatar .
    You will find it is a little slow for Far Cry. And 256MB is a waste, you won't ever use it on a card of that performance.

The fact that you are considering a card like that suggest that like me you have a limited budget. You would be better off with less graphics memory (128MB) and a faster GPU.

See the pinned thread for more advice.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Poster
    its not the money its just i have one in my computer and dont have a clue about the different cards. so i take it its not very good.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    bigdawgfoxx's Avatar Big Dawg
    Check out my graphics card guide to find which cards are good...the 9200 is horrible though.

How much can you spend?
    [SIZE=1]AMD 4200 X2 @ 2.65Ghz, ASRock 939-VSTA
    1.75GB PC3200, 2 X 160GB Seagate w/ 8MB Buffer
    HIS Radeon X800 Pro, Antec Super Lanboy Aluminum

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    if u recently bought it, i would return it and get something a bit faster, a 9600 probably...or even a 5200, offers very close performance but doesnt far cry need direct x 9 support? in which case the 5200 will be able to play it... (9200 has no direct x 9 support)