Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stylexp

Mr. Mulder's Avatar pepper your angus BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    I've just lost my visual theme and I think it's because the styleXP trial thing expired, is there any alternative prog where you don't have to pay? ...I can't find a crack that works

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Retired
    you can get a UXTHEME.DLL Patch and then you dont need any other tool anymore

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Originally posted by {I}{K}{E}@18 May 2004 - 13:32
    you can get a UXTHEME.DLL Patch and then you dont need any other tool anymore
    Does it hurt?

where from and how?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Just tried to install it and it wont work

...if anyones got a crack for StyleXP could you please pm me

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    The theme patcher only requires a reboot, and then you can use msstyles themes that are made by regular people and not signed by M$. There are a lot of them out there.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    I suggest you use the theme patcher in safe mode as otherwise visual themes do not work properly (you get a black screen with icons on i t??very messed up???)

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    sparsely's Avatar °¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°¤°
    Originally posted by sebastian_insua@18 May 2004 - 12:36
    I suggest you use the theme patcher in safe mode as otherwise visual themes do not work properly (you get a black screen with icons on i t??very messed up???)
    nah. just use the patcher in Not-A-Moron mode

this post is guaranteed 100% parrot-free

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Go get the new version of windowblinds. It&#39;ll let you apply both regular themes that the patch/styleXP would let you use and windowblinds themes.

I&#39;d say that&#39;s the best route, because Windowblinds 4 uses the uxpatch.dll that styleXP does, only windowblinds enhances it more so it uses less resources (yes, LESS resources than XP&#39;s default skinning engine), plus it has a bunch more features, like toolbar skinning, progress animation skinning, skin animations, and the list goes on.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Install Old Version of Style XP

Use Old Version Key Gen

Uninstall

Install New Version of Style XP

OOh look, it works

And yes I am using Style XP at this moment so I don&#39;t want to hear about it not working.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Originally posted by Hitchhiker427@19 May 2004 - 01:45
    Go get the new version of windowblinds. It&#39;ll let you apply both regular themes that the patch/styleXP would let you use and windowblinds themes.

I&#39;d say that&#39;s the best route, because Windowblinds 4 uses the uxpatch.dll that styleXP does, only windowblinds enhances it more so it uses less resources (yes, LESS resources than XP&#39;s default skinning engine), plus it has a bunch more features, like toolbar skinning, progress animation skinning, skin animations, and the list goes on.
    Unless you have 1GB of FAST memory, do not install WB. This uses more system resources than any program I&#39;ve ever used

This is the very reason I switched from WB to StyleXP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast