Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You Guys Help Me Decide

I just bought a new ps2. Its great, runs very quiet and when loading servers on Socom 2 it goes alot faster then my old ps2. Anyways...

I just bought a version 10 mod-chip. I was going to put that into my new ps2 but now im thinking not to.

I was thinking i'd get a new lens for my old ps2 cause it doesnt work and a mod-chip for that. About 50 USD total. And Im kinda low on cash til I sell some stuff. And I dont want to end up wasting 50 bucks if it doesnt work.

Thanks for any feedback.
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

2. Games   -   #2
    Samurai's Avatar Usenet Fanboy
    Spend £10 on CD Cleaning Kit first. Might be cheaper in the long run.

Mine went about a week ago, but I didn't use it much except to play DVD's in my room. I kinda broke it up lol I'll just buy a standard DVD player when I find time.

3. Games   -   #3
    Originally posted by Samurai@18 May 2004 - 18:45
    Spend £10 on CD Cleaning Kit first. Might be cheaper in the long run.

Mine went about a week ago, but I didn't use it much except to play DVD's in my room. I kinda broke it up lol I'll just buy a standard DVD player when I find time.
    Ive done all the cleaning possible. Ive use dvd lens cleaners, ive opened it up and cleaned it myself, ive adjusted the angle to lens hits the disc. So dont worry about repairing it. Only replacing (btw, my first ps2 was almost 4 yrs old when it went out.

Option A:

Get replacement lens and new modchip for old ps2 for $50 US

Option B:

Use the modchip I already got on my new ps2 and risk losing $150.

4. Games   -   #4
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Sell the mod-chip and get the swap discs. There $10, and dont require opening your ps2 or soldering. They do the same exact thing.

Oh and no risk

5. Games   -   #5
    Originally posted by Agent Smith@18 May 2004 - 18:55
    Sell the mod-chip and get the swap discs. There $10, and dont require opening your ps2 or soldering. They do the same exact thing.

Oh and no risk
    I could do that to but I just want to be able to pop in the disc.

But do you you have a link for getting it for $10? ....just in case

6. Games   -   #6
    how old is your old ps2? anything after version 4 should have a fine laser, lens thingy.

7. Games   -   #7
    Its a version 4

8. Games   -   #8
    Option C:

Get a replacement lens, no-solder modchip, and swap discs for my version 4 ps2 for $70-80

9. Games   -   #9
    asmithz's Avatar Hi-Definition
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy+18 May 2004 - 20:01--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SingaBoiy @ 18 May 2004 - 20:01)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Agent Smith@18 May 2004 - 18:55
    Sell the mod-chip and get the swap discs. There &#036;10, and dont require opening your ps2 or soldering. They do the same exact thing.

Oh and no risk&nbsp;
    I could do that to but I just want to be able to pop in the disc.

But do you you have a link for getting it for &#036;10? ....just in case [/b][/quote]
    Sorry its &#036;32, gusse the price was raised.

http://easybuy2000.com/store/playstation%2...0enhancer.shtml

Anyways easybuy200.com is relible. I bougth the DMS3 modchip from them, and recieved it. Wish i wenr for the swap disc tho.

10. Games   -   #10
    BANNED
    you could buy a cheap replacement lens mate sell gain some cash back from the cost of your new ps2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast