Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How To Get Rid Of Telemarketers

Originally posted by Leech_Killer@17 March 2003 - 10:58
    I always play the same game with telemarketers, my phone as a 'Hold' button so when they ring I say to them "hold on I'm just putting you on hold I need to grab the baby". Then I just leave them on hold and time how long it takes for them to hang-up. Seems to annoy them as much as them ringing annoys me. So far British Gas is winning with 14 minutes.

how do u know when they hang up if theyre on hold?

2. Lounge   -   #22
    Leech_Killer's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by lil_z+22 March 2003 - 05:19--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (lil_z @ 22 March 2003 - 05:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Leech_Killer@17 March 2003 - 10:58
    I always play the same game with telemarketers, my phone as a &#39;Hold&#39; button so when they ring I say to them "hold on I&#39;m just putting you on hold I need to grab the baby". Then I just leave them on hold and time how long it takes for them to hang-up. Seems to annoy them as much as them ringing annoys me. So far British Gas is winning with 14 minutes.

&nbsp; &nbsp;
    how do u know when they hang up if theyre on hold? [/b][/quote]
    My phone beeps.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Try having phone sex with them.

4. Lounge   -   #24
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    I confess
    I used to be a Telemarketeer
    its fun its not hard work- it ads that extra happy enthusiatic tone to your conversation skills.

99% of them are part time workers
    so they dont really give a shit anyway (unless new)
    Dont ever give your postal number
    Dont tell them your average income (this question is generally stated "what type of cars are there in your street"
    If they say it takes 5 minutes it takes alot more
    if they want women they call during the day if they want men its during tv sport events.
    Telemarkateers may not remove your number
    unless there is a language problem
    or too old (language problem)
    or the person is dead
    they are not allowed to talk longer than the expected time of the survey (old people always want to talk for hours)
    They may get your phone number via your visa card-when you join a club hotels-etc
    Some "Statisitics" polls are actually aimed at getting you consiounce about a company.

5. Lounge   -   #25
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Zedaxax@22 March 2003 - 21:32
    I confess
    I used to be a Telemarketeer
    its fun its not hard work- it ads that extra happy enthusiatic tone to your conversation skills.

99% of them are part time workers
    so they dont really give a shit anyway (unless new)
    Dont ever give your postal number
    Dont tell them your average income (this question is generally stated "what type of cars are there in your street"
    If they say it takes 5 minutes it takes alot more
    if they want women they call during the day if they want men its during tv sport events.
    Telemarkateers may not remove your number
    unless there is a language problem
    or too old (language problem)
    or the person is dead
    they are not allowed to talk longer than the expected time of the survey (old people always want to talk for hours)
    They may get your phone number via your visa card-when you join a club hotels-etc
    Some "Statisitics" polls are actually aimed at getting you consiounce about a company.
    Zedaxax-
    You are a forthright and admirable person. My sister was a skip-tracer for years, and she is a font of info.
    It occurred to me, maybe you&#39;d start a thread on the subject where ALL the tricks might be revealed?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. Lounge   -   #26
    when u answer before they say anything just say:
    "Hi&#33; im from *phone company*, would u be interested in changing your long distance provider?"
    and record for me what they say. i never get telemarketers cuz were unlisted.

7. Lounge   -   #27
    n00b
    Late on night about 2 months ago, one of those Frat-Police group things that raise money for stupid cops that get shot, well they called me and insisted I buy a ticket to see some country prick playing his gutair. Instead of simply saying "no" I told her I never heard of the guy, then she names some songs, I still dont know who this guy is, but the chick on the other end sounds pretty good. . . now it gets good, she starts singing to me&#33; I told her she had a nice voice and that maybe next time i&#39;d let her speak to my mommy or daddy.

8. Lounge   -   #28
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by lumpbuzcut@23 March 2003 - 07:50
    Late on night about 2 months ago, one of those Frat-Police group things that raise money for stupid cops that get shot, well they called me and insisted I buy a ticket to see some country prick playing his gutair. Instead of simply saying "no" I told her I never heard of the guy, then she names some songs, I still dont know who this guy is, but the chick on the other end sounds pretty good. . . now it gets good, she starts singing to me&#33; I told her she had a nice voice and that maybe next time i&#39;d let her speak to my mommy or daddy.

I got "MISS DIG" to meet me at the state fair one time-but we won&#39;t go into that.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

9. Lounge   -   #29
    oldmancan's Avatar Poster
    Three types; surveys, donations, sales.

Surveys, I politely tell them that I&#39;d be happy to participate but ask how they are going to pay me. Then they go on to explain that I don&#39;t get anything for my time. I say that&#39;s not fair they are getting paid. I insist on getting paid to give them any info....it goes on until they hang up.

Donations, I tell them we have decided to make one sizable donation once a year. And this year is not their year. Further that I don&#39;t respond to phone solicitations.

Sales, politely tell em no phone solicitations. If they get it, we hang up. If they don&#39;t get it I just put the phone down and walk away. After they hang up the phone starts to beep and gets hung up.

Got a survey call during a family dinner, asked to get paid... the whole thing went on for 5 min but was worth it, everyone at the table was howling by the time caller hung up.

Cheers, OMC

10. Lounge   -   #30
    Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    I told a telemarketer the number i was useing is classified and that he/she could go to court of law. Then I rubbed fuzzy clotheing on the phone (like it was static building up) and then slammed it.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast