Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Moving Threads

kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Soul814@16 March 2003 - 19:04
    i say... why dont we just clean out 1 month old posts? or posts that have no responds... or no views for 1 month period? that might save up the spacing... spamming = wastes space? but ppl read stuff anywayz? soo if your trying to save space just delete old posts - dated 1 month or 2 month old... cept for Verified Hashes i guess
    cause people like me can do a search and find answers quick.

if you delete old posts then you have to keep explaining things instead of telling n00bs to search and give them a link.

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #12
    I don't think is a question of not enough space. I think it's more about not having to see all the useless posts all over the board. It's a matter of trying to make it all more useful and fuctional.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #13
    Originally posted by MagicNakor+16 March 2003 - 18:00--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (MagicNakor @ 16 March 2003 - 18:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--jetje@17 March 2003 - 02:29
    you need a mind set change... postcount is just not important So why get frustrated?. Getting apreciated for the content of your posts is..
    Because human beings intrinsically want recognition. And the post count fufills those needs, which is why there are many upset people out here.

[/b][/quote]
    Yea, I want recognition&#33;

Well... it doesn&#39;t really matter though. If everything stays, there still be some mad people. If it changes, there will still be some mad people.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #14
    Poster
    I think useless posts should be deleted (along with the post count) and the threads should be allowed to stay where they are. Like mentioned previously, you go and try to find a thread you started but its vanished all because of a few spam post, which i&#39;m sure is annoying for the original poster.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #15
    Poster
    i tihnk they do the right thing.. mainly people post on these tpoics to raise postcount and that is why they go off track.. so if the only way to hit back at them is to move it to lounge.. then good idea to me.
    <span style='color:red'>Eagle one, this is God in position.</span>

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #16
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Originally posted by Shinigami+17 March 2003 - 06:33--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Shinigami @ 17 March 2003 - 06:33)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by -MagicNakor@16 March 2003 - 18:00
    <!--QuoteBegin--jetje
    @17 March 2003 - 02:29
    you need a mind set change... postcount is just not important So why get frustrated?. Getting apreciated for the content of your posts is..

Because human beings intrinsically want recognition. And the post count fufills those needs, which is why there are many upset people out here.

Yea, I want recognition&#33;

[/b][/quote]
    You already have it, you whore.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #17
    Benno's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Curley@17 March 2003 - 09:37
    I think useless posts should be deleted (along with the post count) and the threads should be allowed to stay where they are. Like mentioned previously, you go and try to find a thread you started but its vanished all because of a few spam post, which i&#39;m sure is annoying for the original poster.
    Probably this is the best way, but this would mean a lot more work for the mods.

You Better Keep In Mind That I Can Read Between The Lines

Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to there level and beat you with experience!!

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #18
    Originally posted by Shinigami@16 March 2003 - 16:57
    2nd gen post-whores:
    I (Shinigami) have school to think about and I already reached Post-whore so i&#39;m slowing down...
    The_Great_Dude will probably slow down when he reaches post-whore as he has a life too ...
    Yes, I&#39;m already slowing down. I might pick it up again, but I have other stuff to do.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #19
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Just wanted to say that there are some members who would like to see the end of the stars/post count...me&#33;

I think there should be some differentiation between newbies and old pros. But I think this should be done on how long someone has been a regular at the board, not the number of posts they have.

I would even go so far as to say that if this was done and some members left, then it would just show they were only here for the post count, and therefore should not be sorely missed.

However it will never happen, as the ones who would object are those with the biggest post count, and whose opinion holds most weight here.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #20
    No one ever thinks about having fun anymore.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast