Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Moving Threads

MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    There probably would be RPerry. Wocus would certainly be a board god by now.

Scary thought.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    Forum Star
    I said it before in this thread and, since nobody replied on it, I say it again:

In my opinion disabling post count and the stars would work best, only the date you joined should stay.

Are they really that important? I don't think so.
    Like Jetje says: it's the content of your posts that count.
    Any ideas on this?

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    I did say it earlier in this thread, but if there was a poll I would agree to this, definitely.

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    RPerry's Avatar Synergy BT Rep: Bad Rep
    Originally posted by Bender@17 March 2003 - 20:45
    I said it before in this thread and, since nobody replied on it, I say it again:

In my opinion disabling post count and the stars would work best, only the date you joined should stay.

Any ideas on this?
    Sorry bender, but I thought I was replying on it, only just that I don't agree. Not that I disagee with you, but I kind of like the use of the titles and stars.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I don't like the idea of completely disabling titles and stars and post counts. Most forums have some sort of ranking system, and they usually serve as a bar to judge the quality of one's posts. Joining date doesn't mean much, in my opinion, but seeing how much a member has contributed to the forum does. I remember when I first came here, and someone had asked a similar question to what I was wondering. A few people answered the question, but for whatever reason I, newbie that I was, followed ShareDaddy's advice because he had more stars, thus more contributions/experience. I can't remember what it was now, but I do remember it worked, where the previous newbie/jr. member suggestions hadn't.

Hopefully that makes some sort of sense.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    maybe just stars would work best

cause sometimes n00bs give terrible advice, but it is obvious to follow a board god's advice cause obviously (and hopefully) they are wiser.

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    Originally posted by kAb@17 March 2003 - 20:17
    maybe just stars would work best

cause sometimes n00bs give terrible advice, but it is obvious to follow a board god's advice cause obviously (and hopefully) they are wiser.
    Yea... I've seen newbies give advice... it's pretty sad
    Some come in with good suggestions but others are one-liners like "what version are you using?" without even a hint of a suggestion...

hey, is it obvious to follow a post-whore's advice?

But usually the ones with more posts and stars are usually the ones that know what they're doing... usually...

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    Poster
    Originally posted by Bender@18 March 2003 - 01:45

Any ideas on this?
    I also agree to this, it was more or less what I said myself in the "counting posts" thread.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #39
    Forum Star
    Originally posted by RPerry+18 March 2003 - 03:00--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (RPerry @ 18 March 2003 - 03:00)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Bender@17 March 2003 - 20:45

Are they really that important? I don&#39;t think so.
    Like Jetje says: it&#39;s the content of your posts that count.
    Any ideas on this?
    Sorry bender, but I thought I was replying on it, only just that I don&#39;t agree. Not that I disagee with you, but I kind of like the use of the titles and stars. [/b][/quote]
    Maybe I should have read your reply more carefully, sorry. :">

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #40
    Mivaro's Avatar _________
    Originally posted by Bender@18 March 2003 - 02:45

Are they really that important? I don&#39;t think so.
    Like Jetje says: it&#39;s the content of your posts that count.
    Any ideas on this?
    Yes, i agree it should be best to do without the postcounts.

Quote from MagikNakor:
    I remember when I first came here, and someone had asked a similar question to what I was wondering. A few people answered the question, but for whatever reason I, newbie that I was, followed ShareDaddy&#39;s advice because he had more stars, thus more contributions/experience. I can&#39;t remember what it was now, but I do remember it worked, where the previous newbie/jr. member suggestions hadn&#39;t.
    So if a newbie asks something, another "5 posts" newbie gives the correct answer and some Boardgod (like Wocus could be ) gives a false answer, who do you think the newbie believes....
    You can&#39;t judge a member by his postcount, only by reading a lot of posts. After reading 10 posts of Sharedaddy and 10 of Wocus it&#39;s obvious who you should believe
    Of course there is a chance Wocus is right, but.......
    'English impaired'

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast