Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Moving Threads

kAb's Avatar Poster
    Recently many threads have been moved, and i'm wondering about something.
    I PM'd jetje about it, and he suggested to make a new thread with the PM in it to notify everyone about what is happening.

What i wrote to jetje:

Ok, I was wondering, why are threads moved if others fuck it up?
    Say a thread is started as a tip, and it is put in the tip section. Then others start talking about snowboarding. Why would it be moved to the lounge?

Then others wouldn't be able to find the tip, unless they knew to look in the lounge.

I think that the threads should just stay where they are. Its kind of pointless to fill up the lounge with threads originally in different sections.

I look forward to your response.

what jetje wrote back to me:

All mods do it differently... think you have a point! Sometimes í just delete the useless info in those threads. People start complaining then, we delete their posts. Sometimes ask to go back on topic, they say they do but in no time topics get spammed again, then we move topics to the lounge. Also there are a lot misplaced threads, people not seem to read and think were they post. Back to the mods, we have to read all judge what to do and when, think sometimes it's more easy to move a topic that is spammed to hell then to clean those topics. A lot topics get screwed just because of postcount, i think that is an evil genius in this all. Really hate that to but if we don't stand up by moving those we kinda allow to spam for the count. Personally i think things will be better if we lose postcount and stars. But that will probably start a riot in here...

But in general you are totally right imo. It is to bad so many good questions end up in the lounge.

I love the question. I would love it if you make this a post in about our website and forum.
    You may post this pm (and my reply on it) in there if you like.
    Think it's a good idea to discuss the post"count"hunting and the spamming of nice topics with all.
    Thoughts? Questions? Information? Criticism?

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    WoW.

Well... i'm a post-count hunter but I mostly post to answer questions. I like to answer questions and help people fix their problems. Occasionally, SPAM comes outta nowhere and I join in or advise them to stop but I'm slowing down now.

1st gen post-whores:
    FC has his MusicWorld so he's slowing down...
    Neoshoyru has his forum so he's slowing down or totally disappeared...

2nd gen post-whores:
    I (Shinigami) have school to think about and I already reached Post-whore so i'm slowing down...
    The_Great_Dude will probably slow down when he reaches post-whore as he has a life too ...

So basically, the 4 biggest post-whores here (i believe anyway) are slowing down.
    Most likely, there won't be a problem with spamming unless a 3rd generation of post-whore arrives B)

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    People are frustrated with the current setup. Posts don't count in a lot of places. They feel cheated so the spam. That's the real problem IMHO. That's why we have "post-count hunters"

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    kAb's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by Nobody1234@16 March 2003 - 17:11
    That's why we have "post-count hunters"
    lol is that what they are called now?

i think the speed at which threads are being moved for "turning to the dark side" needs to slow down.

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by Nobody1234@17 March 2003 - 03:11
    People are frustrated with the current setup. Posts don't count in a lot of places. They feel cheated so the spam. That's the real problem IMHO. That's why we have "post-count hunters"
    you need a mind set change... postcount is just not important So why get frustrated?. Getting apreciated for the content of your posts is....... B) If we can spread that feeling or even give up stars stripes ranks. all problems solved on this issue. that's my opinion....

threads will be clean not spammed and can live a live of there own then... without being moved

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    Originally posted by Shinigami@17 March 2003 - 01:57
    WoW.

Well... i'm a post-count hunter but I mostly post to answer questions. I like to answer questions and help people fix their problems. Occasionally, SPAM comes outta nowhere and I join in or advise them to stop but I'm slowing down now.

1st gen post-whores:
    FC has his MusicWorld so he's slowing down...
    Neoshoyru has his forum so he's slowing down or totally disappeared...

2nd gen post-whores:
    I (Shinigami) have school to think about and I already reached Post-whore so i'm slowing down...
    The_Great_Dude will probably slow down when he reaches post-whore as he has a life too ...

So basically, the 4 biggest post-whores here (i believe anyway) are slowing down.
    Most likely, there won't be a problem with spamming unless a 3rd generation of post-whore arrives B)
    i agree... look at those damn post whores... W00T! they eat 100% spam... thatz their fuel... moving threads dont really matter do they? they have links that say it got moved... sooo i dunt get it ... lolz

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    Originally posted by jetje@17 March 2003 - 02:29
    you need a mind set change... postcount is just not important So why get frustrated?. Getting apreciated for the content of your posts is..
    Because human beings intrinsically want recognition. And the post count fufills those needs, which is why there are many upset people out here.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Forum Star
    In my opinion disabling post count and the stars would work best, only the date you joined should stay.

Are they really that important? I don't think so.
    Like Jetje says: it's the content of your posts that count.

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    Originally posted by jetje+16 March 2003 - 20:29--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (jetje @ 16 March 2003 - 20:29)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Nobody1234@17 March 2003 - 03:11
    People are frustrated with the current setup. Posts don&#39;t count in a lot of places. They feel cheated so the spam. That&#39;s the real problem IMHO. That&#39;s why we have "post-count hunters"
    you need a mind set change... postcount is just not important So why get frustrated?. Getting apreciated for the content of your posts is....... B) If we can spread that feeling or even give up stars stripes ranks. all problems solved on this issue. that&#39;s my opinion....

threads will be clean not spammed and can live a live of there own then... without being moved [/b][/quote]
    I don&#39;t need a mindset change. I am trying to tell you why the board is being spammed. Trying to limit the places where postcounts happen is not working.

Can&#39;t you see that it&#39;s not the postcounting system that&#39;s flawed but the way it setup right now.

It&#39;s not my mindset that is the problem here.

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    i say... why dont we just clean out 1 month old posts? or posts that have no responds... or no views for 1 month period? that might save up the spacing... spamming = wastes space? but ppl read stuff anywayz? soo if your trying to save space just delete old posts - dated 1 month or 2 month old... cept for Verified Hashes i guess

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast