Thread: Roxios Easy Cd Dvd 6 Problems?

hello, can anyone please help me, haveing major problems converting AVI to VCD keep getting the same error message "cdmkr32 has caused an error in Xvid.DLL"???? tried various software and thay all say the same, can anyone please tell me how to fix this problem, useing ROXIOS easycd dvd 6 at the moment, thanks in advance.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster
    Have you tried using TMPGEnc?
    There's a good guide here.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Jibbler's Avatar proud member of MDS
    Originally posted by ISthisLEGAL.com@15 March 2003 - 15:11
    hello, can anyone please help me, haveing major problems converting AVI to VCD keep getting the same error message "cdmkr32 has caused an error in Xvid.DLL
    I don't believe EZCD6 can convert a Xvid file to VCD. Sorry.--

Jibbler
    Proud member of MDS

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    DataMore Posted on 15 March 2003 - 15:14
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Have you tried using TMPGEnc? 
    There's a good guide here. 
    hate to say this easy cd & dvd creator 6 sucks for converting movies ,not enough options..Use Tmpgenc and burn with Nero..Alot easier more options and faster .For Xvid problems check here xvid in tmpgenc

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    I have not encountered this problem yet so I sent tech support an email and this was their response:

X-VID, whose file extension is .AVI (must like DiVX) is not a supported file format for conversion at this point, we have performed no testing on it.

If you are not converting an X-VID video file then try uninstalling the X-VID codec.

- Patrick

Gonna send them a nasty gram now and see what they have to say

Steve

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    thaks every one, i will look into TMPGEnc see if that works, or i will uninstall my codec pack, has anyone used LSX MPEG encoder? if so is it any good? easy to use? am a bit daft!

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    Originally posted by ISthisLEGAL.com@16 March 2003 - 03:06
    thaks every one, i will look into TMPGEnc see if that works, or i will uninstall my codec pack, has anyone used LSX MPEG encoder? if so is it any good? easy to use? am a bit daft!
    Yeppers, from what I can remember it wasnt to bad.
    One thing about converting a lot of different avi's was that everyone seems to use a different process as to how they would convert the media from their recorders and such; therefore requiring different encoders.
    At one time I had 5 different encoders installed on my pc and would just start trying to convert using 1 at a time. When one would encounter an error I would go to the next and so on, until success would be achieved
    TMPGEnc was always my last choice but seemed to encode when the others wouldnt. It would produce a slightly lower quality video than the others that I had, but it worked just about everytime....a little slower than the rest also, but hey; I got to watch it on the big screen and that was all that mattered.

Hope this helps,
    Steve

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    still cant find a program that works, more help needed coverting AVI to mpeg vcd please, thanks in advance