Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Fst Back Up - Message From Admin

masta.z's Avatar Canadian Scot
    Originally posted by rookiecrd1+9 June 2004 - 22:06--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (rookiecrd1 @ 9 June 2004 - 22:06)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Zedaxax@10 June 2004 - 01:51
    May i be the first person in this thread to say that i find
    the result of the backup
    rediculous
    and
    highly unprofesional
    Zed I am sorry you feel this way. Just so you know I stayed up all night last night trying to figure out a way to get around this. I worked with two programmers to try to merge the corrupt database with the old one but in the end it didn&#39;t work out.

There was nothing I could have done. I am sorry. Who said we are proffessionals here. Proffessional what? Forum admins :-)

I truely am sorry for what happened but I feel I tried my best.

Brian [/b][/quote]
    just a question but wouldn&#39;t it have been a good idea to make back-ups every week (if not more frequently)??

:music1:

I&#39;m gonna buy a gun and start a war // if you can tell me something worth fighting for

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #32
    4play's Avatar knob jockey
    i thought 7thE setup a cronjob to backup the forum every week as well.

still these things are always changing and its nice to see there is a fairly recent backup.

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #33
    Site Owner
    I tried doing backups every other day or so, but the problem is that the new backup overrights the older one. So since the backup from 2 days ago was screwed up our next nearest backup was May 19th from our monthly backups.

Anyway i am about to move to a new fully managed server with 4 daily backs every 6 hours.

Brian

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #34
    masta.z's Avatar Canadian Scot
    Originally posted by rookiecrd1@9 June 2004 - 22:24
    I tried doing backups every other day or so, but the problem is that the new backup overrights the older one.&nbsp; So since the backup from 2 days ago was screwed up our next nearest backup was May 19th from our monthly backups.

Anyway i am about to move to a new fully managed server with 4 daily backs every 6 hours.

Brian
    :beerchug:

I&#39;m gonna buy a gun and start a war // if you can tell me something worth fighting for

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #35
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by rookiecrd1@9 June 2004 - 21:24
    I tried doing backups every other day or so, but the problem is that the new backup overrights the older one. So since the backup from 2 days ago was screwed up our next nearest backup was May 19th from our monthly backups.

Brian

will that cost u more?

btw, this probably isn&#39;t the time to ask, but can you fix the banner ad at teh top, put it back into teh corner, and also make our screen wide again? please..

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #36
    Poster
    All I can say is, that I&#39;m glad the board is up again&#33;

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #37
    Site Owner
    Yeah i asked error to fix the banner and make it wide screen. I&#39;m not sure what he did for that.

As for the server. Yes the cost will be a bit more, but what i am getting is worth far more then the difference.

Brian

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #38
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by rookiecrd1@9 June 2004 - 22:02
    Yeah i asked error to fix the banner and make it wide screen. I&#39;m not sure what he did for that.

As for the server. Yes the cost will be a bit more, but what i am getting is worth far more then the difference.

Brian
    ok

happy to see your oon to it already

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #39
    BANNED
    Man WTF happened?

I tried like a million times to get into FST yesterday and nothing happened LOL.... waste of bandwidth

Anyway, so a mod deleted EVERYTHING? How can he do that? I thought only admins could do that?

I mean, everything at once

Hope you understood that

Anyway, good to see you back up some time of the month B)

Peace

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #40
    So is there any news on who deleted what and why?

Perhaps even who has been banned and for what, so the rest of us can make idle speculations...

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast