Thread: So Now Mods

what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    So now do mods have any rules???

now they should maybe rule 1

Do Not delete the forum all to the trash

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #2
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Yes, we do to some extent actually.

Would you like to see them? Mostly common sense type stuff though.

Maybe we should add that one though

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #3
    masta.z's Avatar Canadian Scot
    Originally posted by NikkiD@9 June 2004 - 23:32

Would you like to see them?
    yes please (as long as it's not breaking one of the rules )

I'm gonna buy a gun and start a war // if you can tell me something worth fighting for

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #4
    Originally posted by NikkiD@10 June 2004 - 13:32

Would you like to see them?
    sure why not

was just joking around about BTW probably should have put this in the lounge

move it at your free will

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #5
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    I don't have an issue with it, I really don't think anyone else would either. But just to be sure, I'm going to ask if anyone objects.

And no, even though this was started as a joke Ad, I do think it has a lot to do with this forum.

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #6
    well the serious reason I ask this is because

why has Krackhead JTR been banned full as a member here?>??

OK he did a dumb thing why not just take his mod privileges away then become a member??

its OK for members to fuck up 100 times before they are banned (Rappy) but a mod does something and BOOM oen hit gone

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #7
    NikkiD's Avatar Yen?
    Okay, first, the team's guidelines, then I'll answer the rest of your post.

With regards to oversized/inappropriate avatars and signatures, I'd never remove them without PMing and asking first. Very rarely will a member ignore a polite request. Repeat offenders know the score so I'd just remove it if it's happened before. If it becomes a persistent problem then it might be worth logging in the warn panel for future reference.

Editing Posts
    Editing out illegal links should always be done visibly, so that it can be seen that we don't allow them. Always put the 'edited by' legend when editing someone else's post unless you are trying to pre-empt a flamewar; I have found that a quiet edit and a PM to explain sometimes prevents problems.

Closing Topics
    Closing threads: If a whole topic is clearly outside the rules then it can be locked straight away, or in severe cases moved to Area 5p4m. Your closing post in the thread should clearly state why it was locked.

If a thread is descnding into a flamewar then generally a post saying "no more flaming please, otherwise I'll have to lock this thread" will do the trick; otherwise, padlock time and PMs to offenders.

Another point about closing threads is that reports in the Report Area (in About Our Website) should be locked once dealt with.

Some advice for new mods regarding mod tools:
    The ModCP home is where you will see queued posts from moderation; you should try and moderate these whenever you see them. If you're browsing a forum with queued posts, you'll see a notification at the top of the forum page which links to the ModCP home.

Moderator Functions
    Use the forum-specific ModCPs to mass-delete/move/close multiple topics or to remove 'moved' notifications - you can access these by clicking 'ModCP' when viewing a forum as normal or by clicking the links from the ModCP home.

IP Tool - Details
    IP tools are accessible by clicking on the IP in a member's post; often multiple accounts from one person will use the same IP, so searching for all posts from an IP will sometimes tell you instantly if someone has two accounts. Using the last field as a wildcard (eg. 123.456.789.*) will sometimes produce similar results but it is not as reliable, and it isn't rock-solid proof.

Moderator Controlpanel
    The Member ModCP can be used to edit member's profiles; this is accessible from the ModCP home (there's a link at the top). You'll use this for removing avatars or editing signatures. Unfortunately we can't change custom member titles.

The Warn Panel
    The Warn Panel is where we log offences by the member and apply moderation, etc. It is accessible from a member's post or their member profile page. See RF's guide above for when and when not to moderate; if you are setting someone on moderation, always send them a PM by using the built in PM feature explaining exactly why they were put on moderation and how moderation works.

When possible try and sound positive, encouraging the member to ignore the flamebaiters or whatever - anything to get them 'on-side'.

Thread Controls
    The thread controls are found at the bottom of every topic and have numerous options - closing, editing title, splitting, merging, etc. These are all fairly self-explanatory.

Offensive Posts
    Offensive should be split from the original topic and removed to the trash. If you are not sure how to use a feature please ask in our team chat.

Off Topic Posts
    Off Topic posts should be moved to an apropiate place, wich in most cases will be the lounge.

Warnings / Ban Requests
    1st Warning: offense good talk or warning by pm
    2nd Wanring: 1 day moderation
    3rd Warning: 1 week moderation
    4th Warning: 2 weeks moderation
    5th Warning: Post a ban request

PM's - The best way to solve issues
    PM's if brought nice & wise will help you solve 95% of all problems and sometimes help prevent escalation of situations. Hardly use any authority or demandings in your PM as it won't help much to find a solution.

Do not post any personal details
    If you know that a member is using a second account please don't publish details. Some members use different accounts (for unknown reasons) but don't cause troubles. However... if people create multiple accounts to cause troubles report them to our team chat by choosing their member name as topic title to "log" their actions. IP informations should never be posted in public areas.

Respect Members
    Actually not a rule but more common sense. If you dislike a member there is no need to let him / her know. Try to ask another moderator to take action for you if you think that it would cause troubles if you take action (Example: UserX has something against you and has a big signature. Since the member could think that you are "after him" ask another mod to contact the member to avoid member claims that you are "hunting" him / her. This will help most times

Even if some people are really annoying - respect them. They are a part of teh community and a working community can deal with annoying people. (Example: I don't like so-and-so but that's not a reason to ban him or to watch out for him to find a mistake he makes to punish him)

Don't know what to do ? Ask !
    If you don't know what to do please ASK in our team chat to get another moderator's help. Our team will be glad to help you out if you run into any troubles.
    Okay, with regards the rest of it, yes, RTJ has been banned as of right now - that's clear for anyone clicking on his profile. It was more a preventative measure until we can find out if he was really responsible. We know it was his account, we don't know for sure if it was him, so for now that's how it stands.

But, that said, it wasn't a normal type of action that someone would get a warning for (eg. spamming, flaming, advertising, etc.). It was a deliberate and malicious action with the apparent intent to harm the board, not just messing around.

We are discussing it.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #8
    Closing Topics
    Closing threads: If a whole topic is clearly outside the rules then it can be locked straight away, or in severe cases moved to Area 5p4m. Your closing post in the thread should clearly state why it was locked.

If a thread is descnding into a flamewar then generally a post saying "no more flaming please, otherwise I'll have to lock this thread" will do the trick; otherwise, padlock time and PMs to offenders.

Another point about closing threads is that reports in the Report Area (in About Our Website) should be locked once dealt with.
    I think allot of mods have broken this rule

anyhow I see what your saying about Jacker

us members don;t have that option to move everythign to trash

thansk for the info nikki too

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #9
    BANNED
    Thanks for the info, but please keep us on the loop regarding this situation, I wouldn't want anyone posting or doing anything through my account

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #10
    tralalala's Avatar The Almighty
    WAIT A MINUTE!!

so according to this post, i now see why one of the links in my received PMs was deleted!! obviously one of the mods entered my PM box and looked at all my PMs...
    not much of a Private Message anymore then isnt it..??

Rafi :rafi:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast