Your Ad Here Your Ad Here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Former President Ronald W. Reagan

  1. #1
    BigBank_Hank's Avatar Move It On Over
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Louisiana
    Age
    36
    Posts
    1,626
    Since out other thread got deleted I thought that Id remake this one.

    This thread is to express sentiment to the Reagan family so please keep this politics free.

    Reagan was a patriot and a great leader.

    R.I.P.





  2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    newcster68's Avatar Taxicab Co. Owner
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Greensboro, NC
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,668

  3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Scotland
    Age
    60
    Posts
    8,804
    What has happened to all the threads??

    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum


  4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Posts
    13,074
    Originally posted by Biggles@10 June 2004 - 20:29
    What has happened to all the threads??

    Rip The Jacker pretty much book-burned the fuck out of us, Biggles.

    History is written by the victors.

  5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Oh, please...
    Posts
    15,254
    Now I am doubly bereft; I thought we had a reasonably good memorial thread going.

    All the ceremonial activities so far have been rather extraordinary, although I think Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) ought to be drawn and quartered for inappropriate politicization of the viewing in the Capital Rotunda.

    I thought Dick Cheney's encomium was very well-done, and touched on all the qualities which made Reagan what he was.

    Superb job, that.

    In any case, many who were too young to remember what a State funeral is, can experience it, even though with a media-provided remove.

    The funeral tomorrow should, I think, be quite a large and moving event.
    Think about how stupid the average person is, and then realize that half of 'em are stupider than that. -George Carlin

  6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Louisville Kentucky
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,412
    Originally posted by j2k4@10 June 2004 - 15:57
    Now I am doubly bereft; I thought we had a reasonably good memorial thread going.

    All the ceremonial activities so far have been rather extraordinary, although I think Ted Stevens (R-Alaska) ought to be drawn and quartered for inappropriate politicization of the viewing in the Capital Rotunda.

    I thought Dick Cheney's encomium was very well-done, and touched on all the qualities which made Reagan what he was.

    Superb job, that.

    In any case, many who were too young to remember what a State funeral is, can experience it, even though with a media-provided remove.

    The funeral tomorrow should, I think, be quite a large and moving event.
    I agree with everything you said.Ted Stevens should not of brought Politics up yesterday.It was not the Place for it.And Dick Cheney was superb at the way he handled it.


    You are right j2k4.You are talking to a Generation that has never seen nothing like this.The last time a Funeral was done in this matter was 1973.Before I or many of my Peers were born.

    So yesterday I was enjoying it.I mean how many times will you see this in your life time?Not too many.


  7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    13,839
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@10 June 2004 - 18:22
    So yesterday I was enjoying it.I mean how many times will you see this in your life time?Not too many.

    Enjoying what?

    A funeral for a former President?

    btw 32 people were hospitalized from heat exhaustion.

    I saw many waiting on the ride home on the subway.

    I looked down to Suitland Parkway and saw them waving the American flag in anticipation of the motorcade.

    The motorcade started near my house at Andrews Air Force Base and ended down the street from where I work.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

    Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

  8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Louisville Kentucky
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,412
    Originally posted by Busyman+10 June 2004 - 18:50--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Busyman &#064; 10 June 2004 - 18:50)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@10 June 2004 - 18:22
    So yesterday I was enjoying it.I mean how many times will you see this in your life time?Not too many.

    Enjoying what? [/b][/quote]
    Enjoying watching something you hardly ever see.If you would of read between the lines.

  9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Washington D.C.
    Posts
    13,839
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+10 June 2004 - 19:55--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 10 June 2004 - 19:55)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by Busyman@10 June 2004 - 18:50
    <!--QuoteBegin-FuNkY CaPrIcOrN
    @10 June 2004 - 18:22
    So yesterday I was enjoying it.I mean how many times will you see this in your life time?Not too many.


    Enjoying what?
    Enjoying watching something you hardly ever see.If you would of read between the lines. [/b][/quote]
    Notice none of this happened for Nixon.

    btw I understood but I guess from a white person&#39;s perspective it would be cool.

    From my black perspective it was an inconvenience that just caused crowded subways and traffic conjestion.

    I guess I could look at it as a huge military march with a casket that didn&#39;t even have his body in it.

    It&#39;s good symbolism though.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

    Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

  10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    FuNkY CaPrIcOrN's Avatar Poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Louisville Kentucky
    Age
    42
    Posts
    7,412
    Originally posted by Busyman@10 June 2004 - 19:29
    Notice none of this happened for Nixon.
    Nixon did not want any of this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •