Thread: Nero Vcd Question

Hi, I am trying to make one of my xvid movies play on a dvd player and i researched the subject but so far all the articles i seen involve the very loooong process of converting it to a mpg. I was using nero when I saw the make a new video cd. I added a normal avi file and it accepted it. I looked in help and it said that nero supports making vcds from divx, avi ....

Will this work or is nero wrong and will i still have to convert it to mpg?

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    well i think before burning it it converts to MPEG neway which is really long i think Nero is a pile of shite for converting!
    TMPGenc is one of the best

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    Yeah it still does the converting and takes twice as long as TMPGEnc - with worse results!

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    There is no faster way to encode! The only real ways of faster encoding is :
    Buy and Install MORE RAM!
    Buy a new top of the line computer
    Encode smaller movies

Don't use Nero to encode, quality is far worse and it takes sooooooo long to encode. Use TMPGenc and visit http://www.dvdrhelp.com for more info.

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    Sorry to be the odd one out here (nothing new there !!&#33but on this PC,Nero takes about 1 hour to convert and burn a 650-700mb DivX or Xvid.avi file to VCD,and obviously approx.twice that to convert the same file to SVCD,with only 2 or 3 out of 60+ having playback/synch problems,but most have brilliant picture/audio quality,whereas TMPGenc takes 3 or 4 times as long,and it's often a case of the blind leading the blind with so many configuration options,but I do acknowledge the brilliant walkthroughs on Doom9,dvdrhelp.com etc.
    99% of my coasters are thanks to TMPGenc,I feel that many of the problems are caused by some folks choosing the most bizarre options re:video/audio synch.when ripping DVD's in the first place.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    I converted Die Another Day to vcd using nero.It took 50 mins to convert and burn.Brilliant quality and sound etc the only problem was that the picture was upside down and all the writing was backwards! As though it had been flipped diagonally...............any ideas what I did wrong?

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Poster
    Can't say that's happened to me .....yet...but you could try unticking the cd-i option,and choosing to make a non-compliant VCD,I use PAL here in the UK,but don't know if any quirks are peculiar to NTSC.Keep an eye on this board though,'cos there are some very sound folks with good advice who frequent this place.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    Thanx Dio I'll give it a go.I'll post results here.Like u I am also in the uk