Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Email Program That Can Send Bulk Email One At Time

I am looking for an email program or a way that I can write an email and then select the list I want to send them to and have all the emails sent one at a time so that multiple recipients are not on the list causing the emails to prematurely be ignored by bulk filters and the like.

I am currently using standard email programs that the only way to send multiple emails that I know of is in bulk, all at once, usually I send about 100 at a time, unfortunately bulk filters and settings will reject these emails or put them in bulk folders even though those that they are being sent to want to receive them.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    I know that before the board crashed I asked this question and someone replied suggestin that bcc or somthing similar would or should solve this problem but am not sure what that is or what app it can be used with...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    vivitron 15's Avatar Poster
    basically you want to send an email to 100 people such that they dont see each others adds?

just click "compose" in your email client.

then under "to" enter an email add which all will see (your own will work)

then under "bcc" enter all the others - you may have to play in order to enable this field, but it will be there

if you cant find it, post which email app you use and well help
    <insert signature here>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Originally posted by vivitron 15@11 June 2004 - 02:21
    basically you want to send an email to 100 people such that they dont see each others adds?

just click "compose" in your email client.

then under "to" enter an email add which all will see (your own will work)

then under "bcc" enter all the others - you may have to play in order to enable this field, but it will be there

if you cant find it, post which email app you use and well help
    I am using Outlook Express and do not see bcc but I do see cc although when I put 1 addy under to and the rest under cc they all still show when recieved...

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    When composing a new message, View -> All Headers

It should show the Bcc option then.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    Oddly All Headers was checked so when I unchecked it nothing happened and then of course all addy still showed. I then rechecked it and there was Bcc, works like a charm and thanks...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    lynx's Avatar .
    You can also try postcastserver (there&#39;s a free version) which can put the names in the "To" field. This looks more professional, and there are known problems with using "bcc" with some pop servers.

AFAIK the only limitation of the free version is maximum 3600 emails per hour, although it may not have some of the more exotic features of the Pro version.
    Political correctness is based on the principle that it's possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Originally posted by lynx@11 June 2004 - 11:59
    You can also try postcastserver (there&#39;s a free version) which can put the names in the "To" field. This looks more professional, and there are known problems with using "bcc" with some pop servers.
    This looks like a very useful program...

Thanks.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    It seems all their download links are not working for now...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    You&#39;re makin this harder than it is. Just click &#39;To&#39;, then your address book will open and on the right you&#39;ll see three options.

To:
    CC:

and

Bcc: <--- this is what you want. The &#39;b&#39; stands for &#39;blind&#39;

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast