Thread: Link Folder In Favorites

Poster
    there is a folder called "links in my favorites". i delete it but i keeps coming back. how do i get rid of it permently? thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    @3223
    you might need this, its only 232KB everything included
    https://filesharingtalk.com/index.php?showtopic=113446

Edit: This post was supposed to go in an earlier topic of yours - I pressed the wrong button somewhere

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Why bother? It's just the shortcuts on IE's Links bar - if you don't use the shortcuts, delete them and the folder stays empty.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    This is an annoyance which i also hate. here is my suggestion (chewieuk i told u this a few days ago on msn):

start>run>type 'C:\documents and settings\{username}\favorites\ and then right click the links folder and click properties>ccheck off "hidden">click ok.

now it won't show anymore in IE favorites list.

another wierd thing is that if you right click and go to propreties from in IE it still comes back to non hidden just like if u delete it it comes back

good luck.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by ROSSCO_2004@13 June 2004 - 01:41
    This is an annoyance which i also hate. here is my suggestion (chewieuk i told u this a few days ago on msn):
    You've seen my links bar; it's full of handy shortcuts and it's on my taskbar as well - nice 'n easy to get to this board.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by Chewie UK+12 June 2004 - 22:41--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Chewie UK @ 12 June 2004 - 22:41)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-ROSSCO_2004@13 June 2004 - 01:41
    You&#39;ve seen my links bar; it&#39;s full of handy shortcuts and it&#39;s on my taskbar as well - nice &#39;n easy to get to this board.
    [/b][/quote]
    why not just use teh actual favorites menu then put that in your toolbar?