Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Moderator & Board Member Argument

newcster68's Avatar Taxicab Co. Owner
    haha lmfao

Ok it has been brought to my attention that a certain mod, namely {I}{K}{E} have been acting above their position.

newcster68 had posted a topic in, as i understand it, in the lounge, about a movie he had made as he wanted more people to see it.

{I}{K}{E} then moved it into the movie world and closed it. His comment was that he didnt like the way newcster68 replied to people.

newcster68 then posted again and again it was moved and closed.

1)why was this post moved? Seems to me a perfectly valid reason to post it in the lounge to get more people to see it, as even though it is a movie, its not a movie as in the theather/cinema sense which is what the movie world is associated with.

2)what right had {I}{K}{E} to close this? There was no rule broken, the thread did not get out of, and to close a thread because a mod doesn't like the poster is completely stepping over the line.

3) {I}{K}{E} claimed it was closed due to the way newcster68 replied to people. Now i have had arguments with newcster68 in the past but i have never had any arguments with the way he has replied/acted in those disagreements. On the way hand {I}{K}{E} can be very down putting, very arrogant and very sarcastic at times.

To me a moderator is selected because he/she can act in a sensible way, not letting the power get to their head, because he/she knows a lot on that topic and therefore is able to answer peoples questions, because he/she is trustworthy and people are maybe to rely on this person to be there, to help the forum and to be a neutral.

As I said I have had disagreements with newcster68 in the past but quickly forgot them. As such I am not kissing his ass here. My opinion is that {I}{K}{E} as overstepped the mark here, and either needs to apologise or have his position as a mod re-considered. I am sure there are lots of people on here who could act in a better way and would be more than willing to take his place.

I suspect this will get flamed, and if {I}{K}{E} has anything to do with it, prob moved and closed. I really dont care. This board is here for people to ask questions, share advice and post their opionions. This is my opinion.

Also I do not want this to end up as a thread to flame mods, as there are a lot out there who do a lot of very hard work and who I have a great deal of respect for.
    Thanks HungryLilBoy for those encouraging words..Buuuut...This situation was resolved And I have apoligized to {I}{K}{E}. for everything that was said and done and as well has he...I am sorry to all If I have started another sensless thread and this will be the last you will see of this discussion....Thanks again HungryLilBoy..

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Cheese's Avatar Poster
    Hi jack.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    newcster68's Avatar Taxicab Co. Owner
    Originally posted by Withcheese@10 June 2004 - 13:50
    Hi jack.
    lol. huuuh?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    Snee's Avatar Error xɐʇuʎs BT Rep: +1
    oki doki

5. Lounge   -   #5