Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My New Ipod...

Originally posted by Monkeee@11 June 2004 - 03:09
    its weird whenever i connect my iPod to my PC (windows XP) my computer doesen't respond for a couple of seconds and whenever i try to use itunes to upload songs it doesen't respond and i end up have to restart my comp.... anything i should do? also anything that has to do with iPod application doesn't respond!! geesh!
    I always thought Ipod works and can be treated like a portable HD.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Poster
    No - file transfer is limited to MP3s, by Apple iTunes, but the iRiver and several other players, once connected, make their appearence on your computer as a HDD, allowing you to utilise it as a portable HDD, hence allowing you to transfer files of any type.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by Amarjit@15 June 2004 - 13:21
    No - file transfer is limited to MP3s, by Apple iTunes, but the iRiver and several other players, once connected, make their appearence on your computer as a HDD, allowing you to utilise it as a portable HDD, hence allowing you to transfer files of any type.
    Why is it like that? I know people with mp3 players and thry can all be used like a HDD. Is there a hacked driver or something that can allow any file type?

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    Poster
    im not sure, try out IPODlounge for details and notes

its cause the ipod work with play lists, your itunes soft would update the ipod everytime its connected

it is nice for the play list option but its also good to know that u can puit other things on the hdd as well
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:blue'><span style='font-family:Arial'>AMD 2600
    512 DDR RAM
    160GB HDD
    GeForce 5600 FX 256mb
    Sony DVD writer +/-
    Windows XP</span></span>
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>Bit torrent client - ABC</span></span></span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Originally posted by Amarjit@15 June 2004 - 16:21
    Yes, you can use your IPOD as a HDD.
    Just turn off auto music loading when connecting then it just shows up as next letter HD&#33;

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    u should&#39;ve gotten the creative nomad zen xtra. 40 gig is only &#036;240 and 30gb is only &#036;215. a 30gb ipod is &#036;400.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    n18's Avatar Death God
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@14 July 2004 - 18:35
    u should&#39;ve gotten the creative nomad zen xtra. 40 gig is only &#036;240 and 30gb is only &#036;215. a 30gb ipod is &#036;400.
    Or an iriver-120 for 285&#036; from newegg. the player doesnt need any drivers or software to transfer from PC to the player.Best mp3 player IMO

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12