Thread: Official Gantz Discussion Thread

Poster
    Official Gantz Discussion Thread
    LICENSED 12/06/04
    Direct from Anime News Network

Alternative title:
    ガンツ (Japanese)
    GANTZ 〜the first stage〜

Age rating: Mature (May contain sex, drugs, and extreme graphic violence)
    Genres: Horror, Psychological, Shounen

Plot Summary: Kei Kurono is a typical high school student in a selfish world, not caring about anyone other than himself. However when, by chance, he was forced to help out his childhood friend, Katou Masaru, rescue a drunkard who fell into subway tracks, both he and Katou were killed... Or not. After being run over by the train, they were suddenly teleported to an enclosed apartment with others who recently died. And now their lives are controlled by a mysterious black ball inside the apartment called GANTZ, and they are forced to participate in a "game" of unprecedented danger and horror.

Running time: 24 minutes
    Number of episodes: 11
    Episode titles: We have 9

Vintage: 2004-04-12

Opening Theme:
    "Super Shooter" by Rip Slyme
    Ending Theme:
    "Last Kiss" by Bonnie Pink

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    Poster
    User Rating So Far:

Definitely one of the better animes I watched for a while. I like the concept, Gantz comes on strongly on the very ugly world we live in, not sparing us from all the thoughts running through some of the people living in the world today. The construction of the character (main protagonist) breaks away from the stereotypical cool, suave, fast to react, mysterious. Kei is your average teenage with raging hormones. He gets horny frequently and acts cowardly, shirking responsibility when he has the chance. Thanks for not making it the same old boring sorta anime .

I believe this anime is rated ecchi although half of the content was censored. I know after reading through the manga volumes which is way, yes I mean, way ahead of the anime. Fyi, Gantz manga has been released on the jump since 2000 (I think). Bad thing about the anime, is the censorship, it takes most of the meaning and the fun in the storyline, making it inaccurate or incomprehensible (blowing up heads not shown in anime; but in manga, before I read the manga, I was wondering why this ppl just die walking out of a certain location).

The anime removes all the nudity and sexual content, though I strongly agree they are not really necessary. So far I absolutely love what they have done with Gantz although reading the manga proves a far better improvement in user enjoyment.

PLease be aware of any spoilers that may occur in this thread

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    I already made a thread about Gantz.
    I somehow had hundreds of my posts deleted....

Anyway, I really like Gantz. Freaky. It can be slow at times, but when the action gets moving, things really heat up.

-- Xero Grid --
    <span style='color:green'>Supertrick XG Forums</span> | Supertrick XG - Your solution to ads, pop-ups, malicious code, and the rest of the garbage just floating around the web.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Poster
    Originally posted by Xero Grid@11 June 2004 - 22:59
    I already made a thread about Gantz.
    I somehow had hundreds of my posts deleted....

Anyway, I really like Gantz. Freaky. It can be slow at times, but when the action gets moving, things really heat up.

-- Xero Grid --
    they had a system rollback. and this anime section disappeared for a while too. I suppose all our old posts got deleted.

episode 9 been out for 2 days already...lol but I read the manga, dun incentive for me to download

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Poster
    great, the anime just got LICENSED

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    mr. nails's Avatar m@D @n!m3 BT Rep: +1
    i&#39;m enjoying it also, and believe u me, i WILL find the last 2 eps...
    Alamo Drafthouse!

Last Game Completed: Aliens: Colonial Marines (PC) 10-13-13
    Now Playing: Paper Mario 64
    Total Games Completed: 503