Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Pc, Another Prob

tesco's Avatar woowoo
    I did tell you why it doesn't work.

Do what i said. Here is an explanation why:

The game wolfenstein is probably trying to run at a resolution different than 1) your desktop resoultion and 2) your other game's resolution. The desktop and other game are probably at same resolution, so windows doesn't have to change the refresh rate when starting that game. Your wolfenstein game, trying to go at a different resolution (im guessing a higher one...) is needng a different refresh rate and either your monito doens't support the refresh rate the driver is set to give it, or the resolution is to high for the monitor.

Here is another idea I thought of as i posted, but it requires you to know what resolution the game is set to run at...(do you know it?):
    right click desktop>properties>settings>advanced>click the geforce FX5500 tab>click refresh rate over rides>check off override refresh rates>set the resolution the game is running at to something your monitor can support.

if this option is unavailable to you, then you are using the windows standard driver, so it is a good idea to go to nvidia.com and download the latest driver.(56.72)

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    I think you might have to explain your explaination to him
    Need a cheap/easy way of modding your xbox? Check this out.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    threelions00's Avatar on a shirt... BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    @Rossco...cheers mate, i think that should crack it, will give it a go now

@singa...more than frickin likely...

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    threelions00's Avatar on a shirt... BT Rep: +12BT Rep +12BT Rep +12
    @Rossco...went to Nvidia and their drivers are older than the ones i have...let's try the other suggestion....

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    Then you have blackmarket driversd...if thats possible. Drivers are massive things when released we all know the LATEST version is 56.** whatever it is... there is no way you have better ones becyuase the ones that coiemw ith the card are almost always the ones out of data, dont challenge rossco!! Also for a laugh check out SingaBoiy's sig, in wonder who said that to who . Again update drivers, maybe get the latest patch and try a fresh install.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Originally posted by peerzyboy@14 June 2004 - 10:17
    Then you have blackmarket driversd...if thats possible. Drivers are massive things when released we all know the LATEST version is 56.** whatever it is... there is no way you have better ones becyuase the ones that coiemw ith the card are almost always the ones out of data, dont challenge rossco!! Also for a laugh check out SingaBoiy's sig, in wonder who said that to who . Again update drivers, maybe get the latest patch and try a fresh install.

I have 61.somthing drivers for my nVidia. Ill get a screenshot if you need proof.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    Originally posted by SingaBoiy+14 June 2004 - 19:22--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (SingaBoiy @ 14 June 2004 - 19:22)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-peerzyboy@14 June 2004 - 10:17
    Then you have blackmarket driversd...if thats possible.&nbsp; Drivers are massive things when released we all know the LATEST version&nbsp; is 56.** whatever it is... &nbsp; there is no way you have better ones becyuase the ones that coiemw ith the card are almost always the ones out of data, dont challenge rossco&#33;&#33; Also for a laugh check out SingaBoiy&#39;s sig, in wonder who said that to who &nbsp; &nbsp; . Again update drivers, maybe get the latest patch and try a fresh install.

I have 61.somthing drivers for my nVidia. Ill get a screenshot if you need proof. [/b][/quote]

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    What version is it that you have? doesn&#39;t make sense for any card&#092;computer to COME WITH a beta driver...

btw, i&#39;ve tried 61.11 and one other version, both didn&#39;t work with my card

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    the lastest OFFICAL FULL version is still 56.**

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    I have 61.40 and it works pretty good on my Ti4200.

How do you make a sig that changes with every page view?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast