Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Did I Miss Something?

Rip to me you have always been the best mod and i have no doubt that you didnt do it .

2. Everything Related to the Board   -   #22
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN@12 June 2004 - 11:07
    There is a War brewing Gentlemen.Are you going to be at home with the Ladies or out on the Field with the Men?

"Forum Wars - Summer 2004"

Saddle up and ship out

3. Everything Related to the Board   -   #23
    muchspl2
    is your password the same as over at the other fourm

4. Everything Related to the Board   -   #24
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by muchspl2@12 June 2004 - 14:11
    is your password the same as over at the other fourm
    ^^^^ a very good question!

RTJ i believe Haxor isn't such a good friend as you think he is. He abused your friendship that's pretty sure. Did you get some software tools lately from him? Check your pc on any suspicious software! Will post about this topic in team chat.
    And yes the reason for banning you was security (although imho temporary demodding you should have worked well).
    Well anyways good to hear from you so we can get some debate started to solve the issue and get some questions answered.

Oh and congrats with your birthday, hope you enjoyed the day

5. Everything Related to the Board   -   #25
    Rat Faced's Avatar Broken
    The Banning was a security measure only, until we found out what happened..

All the other Team Members have asked that their account be suspended at the 1st sign that they are going nuts, and we've all changed our passwords etc...

We also think we may have found out the security hole in the board software.

An It Harm None, Do What You Will

6. Everything Related to the Board   -   #26
    muchspl2
    damn & I wanted a update but if he used the same pass it could have been compromised pretty easy

7. Everything Related to the Board   -   #27
    SeK612's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    It'd be quite hard to crack a password on the forum using "software". If most of the mods have decent passwords then it'd take many attempts which would take time and probably would turn up in some logs somewhere.

Invision boards (and most forums) are setup so the admins cannot see the passwords used by members and so it's not easy to find out a users password from a account in another forum.

8. Everything Related to the Board   -   #28
    DanB's Avatar Smoke weed everyday
    Originally posted by SeK612@12 June 2004 - 14:09
    It'd be quite hard to crack a password on the forum using "software". If most of the mods have decent passwords then it'd take many attempts which would take time and probably would turn up in some logs somewhere.

Invision boards (and most forums) are setup so the admins cannot see the passwords used by members and so it's not easy to find out a users password from a account in another forum.
    No but an admin can change it.

So hyopothetically speaking if someone managed to give themselves access to the admin cp they can change whoevers password they want and start to use it

9. Everything Related to the Board   -   #29
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by danb+12 June 2004 - 15:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (danb @ 12 June 2004 - 15:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-SeK612@12 June 2004 - 14:09
    It&#39;d be quite hard to crack a password on the forum using "software". If most of the mods have decent passwords then it&#39;d take many attempts which would take time and probably would turn up in some logs somewhere.

Invision boards (and most forums) are setup so the admins cannot see the passwords used by members and so it&#39;s not easy to find out a users password from a account in another forum.
    No but an admin can change it.

So hyopothetically speaking if someone managed to give themselves access to the admin cp they can change whoevers password they want and start to use it [/b][/quote]
    but as he for one started changing posts of mine... why wouldn&#39;t he have taken my account in the 1st place instead of RTJ... Maybe cause my psw was unknown..??

10. Everything Related to the Board   -   #30
    Poster
    Originally posted by Rat Faced@12 June 2004 - 12:34
    We also think we may have found out the security hole in the board software.
    so it was hacked?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast