Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Ronald Reagan Hate Thread

Poster
    Originally posted by Biggles@12 June 2004 - 19:24
    I would agree.

The need to control from the centre reduces our choices to the bland and safe and rules out the truly able, because they tend to come with warts and all.
    I don't think Cromwell is a particularly good idea mate.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #12
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    Evil, special place in hell for him. Funeral was 25yrs too late. Destroyed the middle class of the US & started the desruction of the labor unions. Turned the US from the richest country in the world to over a 4 trillion $ debt. Fucked up deregulating the saving & loans (over 2 trillion there). On & on.

The credit to breaking up the USSR is stolen away from Gorbachov who it rightfully belongs to.

3. The Drawing Room   -   #13
    Biggles's Avatar Looking for loopholes
    J'Pol

Although I appreciate he was the origin of the phrase, take it as read that, for all Celts at least, he is outwith any reasonable template.
    Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

4. The Drawing Room   -   #14
    Originally posted by zapjb@12 June 2004 - 19:38
    Evil, special place in hell for him. Funeral was 25yrs too late. Destroyed the middle class of the US & started the desruction of the labor unions. Turned the US from the richest country in the world to over a 4 trillion $ debt. Fucked up deregulating the saving & loans (over 2 trillion there). On & on.

The credit to breaking up the USSR is stolen away from Gorbachov who it rightfully belongs to.
    But were you for or against him?

5. The Drawing Room   -   #15
    Poster
    Originally posted by Biggles@12 June 2004 - 20:38
    J'Pol

Although I appreciate he was the origin of the phrase, take it as read that, for all Celts at least, he is outwith any reasonable template.
    Being a Celt by both tradition and choice he really wouldn't hack it for me, no wait he would that's the point.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #16
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol+12 June 2004 - 19:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (J&#39;Pol @ 12 June 2004 - 19:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Biggles@12 June 2004 - 20:38
    J&#39;Pol

Being a Celt by both tradition and choice he really wouldn&#39;t hack it for me, no wait he would that&#39;s the point. [/b][/quote]

He was rather fond of pointy sharp things.

He did also tend to think that people who disagreed with him were none the worse for a good hanging.

7. The Drawing Room   -   #17
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by zapjb@12 June 2004 - 13:38
    Evil, special place in hell for him. Funeral was 25yrs too late. Destroyed the middle class of the US & started the desruction of the labor unions. Turned the US from the richest country in the world to over a 4 trillion &#036; debt. Fucked up deregulating the saving & loans (over 2 trillion there). On & on.

Yes, sure-

What we needed was a couple more decades of Carter-like "leadership", his "misery index", and his fecklessness as re: foreign policy.

We wouldn&#39;t be distinguishable from France, these days, if we were lucky enough to survive.

Reagan gave the middle-class entree to the actual money-making machinery, Zap.

Your assertion is wrong.

I will not go further with this, though I&#39;m sure you will.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

8. The Drawing Room   -   #18
    Poster
    Originally posted by Biggles+12 June 2004 - 20:52--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Biggles @ 12 June 2004 - 20:52)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by J&#39;Pol@12 June 2004 - 19:43
    <!--QuoteBegin-Biggles
    @12 June 2004 - 20:38
    J&#39;Pol

Being a Celt by both tradition and choice he really wouldn&#39;t hack it for me, no wait he would that&#39;s the point.

He was rather fond of pointy sharp things.

He did also tend to think that people who disagreed with him were none the worse for a good hanging. [/b][/quote]
    I was hung many times as a boy, tho&#39; not well.

It never did me any harm. In fact it made me the man I am today.

Sorry wandered off topic (yeah just a bit) apologies to those who want to add more hate posts with regard to the late President Reagan R.I.P.

9. The Drawing Room   -   #19
    Likewise apologies for drifting off topic.

I can&#39;t say I can think of much to say that fills the bill. He never impressed me much on the economic front and much of the foreign policy (Irangate etc.,) was farce - however he seemed an amiable soul, someone that one could sup a pint with and laugh at a joke or two.

Sorry I appreciate the above is "Hate Lite"

10. The Drawing Room   -   #20
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Biggles@12 June 2004 - 14:14

Sorry I appreciate the above is "Hate Lite"
    Is that the best you can do?

"Hate-lite", or good manners?
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast