Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Ronald Reagan Hate Thread

Poster
    I just realized, I have posted here on several occasions and haven't really done any Reagan hate. A bit of Thatcherism hate (hate of the policies not of the person) but no Reagan related stuff. Sorry about that.

Right

I think Ronald Reagan was upstaged by a monkey on numerous occasions. Yes the double meaning is intentional

Further to paragraph 1, I don't really like the idea of hating a person. Hating their beliefs or actions OK. However hating a person sits uncomfortably with me. One never knows how they got to be who they are, or the reasons for what they do.

Fish may be slimy, but hey thanks for them anyway.

2. The Drawing Room   -   #22
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by J'Pol@12 June 2004 - 14:38

Further to paragraph 1, I don't really like the idea of hating a person. Hating their beliefs or actions OK. However hating a person sits uncomfortably with me. One never knows how they got to be who they are, or the reasons for what they do.

S'one of the things I like about you, J'Pol.

I try, but often don't succeed; I have defaulted to keeping my own counsel in such cases.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

3. The Drawing Room   -   #23
    zapjb's Avatar Computer Abuser BT Rep: +3
    j2k4 we differ in opinion. As a citizen of USA (thank you God) I have a right & I believe responsibility to point out where my government f's up. My previous assertions are correct. No matter, let us turn to today.

Today w (jr) is f'ing things up so much Reagan looks like a saint in comparison. The "war" alone (not antiterrorist included) is costing the US (us) over $400 billlion a year. For NOTHING! Even worse than that.

For $2 trillion (yes trillion) we could convert EVERY vechicle in the US to 90% corn alcohol/10% gasoline within 5yrs. And we'd be done yes DONE with the middle east. We never need them again. The cost of this "war" over the years will far exceed that. At this rate we could either be free in 5yrs or just plain wasted $2 trillion over the same period.

But jr & dad & cheney are oil sluts. There ya go. The truth.

4. The Drawing Room   -   #24
    I'd say you are one-hundred percent spot-on, Zap.

After your first sentence, though, the percentage drops precipitously.

Why would we want to pay the government to develop corn-alcohol?

To make their absurd corn-subsidy program look better?

To make Tom Daschle look good?

If it were worthwhile, the private sector would do it in a heartbeat, and it wouldn't require any government involvement (via taxation) whatsoever.

Don't think for a minute massive efforts aren't being expended in the search for alternative fuels; the first one that is viable in all the ways that guarantee survival will see the light of day, and you know why?

Because someone, somewhere wants to be rich.

I'll also guarantee you, blindly, that several such alternatives already exist, but aren't moving to the starting line because of fear the government will put it's gigantic thumb on it.

Problem there is no one seems to like the idea of private, competitive fueling schemes; if it's not all under one roof, the government can't tax it/them as thoroughly as they currently do.

Here is a lesson from the book of Reagan:

"Government's view of the economy could be summed-up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

You are thus enlightened.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #25
    Nice spin but wrong jk. The republicans are "fueling" their elite pockets to the detriment of the American public. Why be independent of the middle east & create 10's of thousands of good jobs in the US when you can make billions off it. And kill poor stupid American minorities to boot.

That's how fn "patriotic" the republicans are.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #26
    Originally posted by zapjb@12 June 2004 - 18:10
    Nice spin but wrong jk. The republicans are "fueling" their elite pockets to the detriment of the American public. Why be independent of the middle east & create 10's of thousands of good jobs in the US when you can make billions off it. And kill poor stupid American minorities to boot.

That's how fn "patriotic" the republicans are.
    Who is to make these "billions", zap?

The government?

"Kill poor stupid American minorities"?

What are you on about?

-Mark Twain

7. The Drawing Room   -   #27
    Jeez jk you're kidding right? I know we're on opposite sides of the scale here. But don't pretend you don't know what I'm talking about. Just say you disagree or something. I know you're intelligent but mislead. Don't disillusion me.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #28
    Please allow me to repeat myself:

"Kill poor stupid American minorities"?

What are you on about?

I'm sure others are interested as well.

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #29
    so much for let the dead rest in peace ron was a good guy

10. The Drawing Room   -   #30
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I've always wondered what happened to not speaking ill of the dead. Guess I'm just old-fashioned.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast