Thread: Dvd Player Regions

Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    First of all I'm not sure if this belongs to Softwareworld or Hardware world...

You all know that you can't change rgions on your dvd player eternally. After four or so times, it'll be set forever on the last region you chose...

I've tried to bypass that by using two programs which are supposed to solve that problem (DVD Region Free and DVD Idle Pro)...

Well, it won't fecking work, each time I get the "only 3 more changes possible " message.

Am I doing something wrong or are the program bullshit?
    Does anyone know a program that will actually work?

edith, I forgot to mention: I've been to their support forum, and their only solutions are: "Uninstall/Reinstall" or "Wait for the next version"

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Poster BT Rep: +3
    Are you trying to watch movies on your computer or on a stand-alone DVD player?
    If it's on your computer, what dvd drive do u have?

Because just recently I made my Pioneer 117 dvd drive region free by installing hacked firmware for it. It basically changes your region control from a RPC ll to a RPC l, letting play any dvd's

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Try using Anydvd

AnyDVD is a driver, which descrambles DVD-Movies automatically in the background. This DVD appears unprotected and region code free for all applications and the Windows operating system as well
    Image Resized
    Image Resized
    [img]http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/7788/untitled6.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Guillaume's Avatar Kentish old lady BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    It was my computer's dvd player...

Thanks Ariel, Anydvd seems to do the trick...