Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: White American's In Sports

CrumbCat's Avatar Cachaça or Cachaça
    Originally posted by J!GGY@12 June 2004 - 15:40
    Im not normally a racial guy but I'v noticed that white players are not common in many sports.For emaple all basketballer's are black,and all best boxers are black.The only sports i can think of were they are good are hockey,golf,nascar racing.Dont mean to offend eny one but correct me if im wrong
    You are right to have said you are not normally a racial guy, because your comment
    is that of a racist person.

Too bad you worded it the way you did - you have already offended me, and
    many others I'm guessing.

And by the way, you said:

For emaple all basketballer's are black
    Open your eyes ffs, that is just a stupid comment.

CrumbCat

2. Lounge   -   #12
    Busyman's Avatar Use Logic Or STFU!!!
    Originally posted by CrumbCat+14 June 2004 - 18:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CrumbCat @ 14 June 2004 - 18:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by J&#33;GGY@12 June 2004 - 15:40
    Im not normally a racial guy but I&#39;v noticed that white players are not common in many sports.For emaple all basketballer&#39;s are black,and all best boxers are black.The only sports i can think of were they are good are hockey,golf,nascar racing.Dont mean to offend eny one but correct me if im wrong
    You are right to have said you are not normally a racial guy, because your comment

many others I&#39;m guessing.

For emaple all basketballer&#39;s are black

CrumbCat
    [/b]

Most basketball players are black then.

I don&#39;t see what&#39;s so offensive.

His remarks are not derogatory............. well except this:

<!--QuoteBegin-JIGGY

The only sports i can think of were they are good are hockey,golf,nascar racing.[/quote]

I guess he never heard of Larry Bird.

Damn I guess that slaps white folks, that do excel in boxing and basketball, in the face.
    Silly bitch, your weapons cannot harm me. Don't you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, Bitchhhh!

Flies Like An Arrow, Flies Like An Apple
    ---12323---4552-----
    2133--STRENGTH--8310
    344---5--5301---3232

3. Lounge   -   #13
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    i vowed never to set keyboard in sportsworld but seeing the topic on the main board i was compeled to view.

Here is my 2 cents worth but it has little to do with sport.

what the heck does it matter what colour a person is and why would anyone notice such a thing ?. I see people, not their colour.
    i see sports men and women, not white/black/yellow/green or purple with blue spots.

Achievement is about the person not his race.

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

4. Lounge   -   #14
    Poster
    Originally posted by CrumbCat+14 June 2004 - 22:38--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (CrumbCat @ 14 June 2004 - 22:38)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-J&#33;GGY@12 June 2004 - 15:40
    Im not normally a racial guy but I&#39;v noticed that white players are not common in many sports.For emaple all basketballer&#39;s are black,and all best boxers are black.The only sports i can think of were they are good are hockey,golf,nascar racing.Dont mean to offend eny one but correct me if im wrong

many others I&#39;m guessing.

For emaple all basketballer&#39;s are black

CrumbCat
    [/b][/quote]
    sorry,Im new here the last thing i want to do here is offend you guys

5. Lounge   -   #15
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    WaterSports

6. Lounge   -   #16
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    There is quite a few good white baseball , soccer, hockey players. My little boy said one day while watching football ,Gee dad them black guy&#39;s are sure good&#33; I had to laff, out of the mouth of babes.

7. Lounge   -   #17
    peat moss's Avatar Software Farmer BT Rep: +15BT Rep +15BT Rep +15
    Originally posted by Zedaxax@14 June 2004 - 20:55
    WaterSports

I don&#39;t every remember a black diver any one eles?

8. Lounge   -   #18
    Poster
    Was there ever a black nascar driver?

9. Lounge   -   #19
    Poster
    I don&#39;t really care about race, I just like watching sports. I don&#39;t watch other sports over others because there are races that I&#39;d rather see over others, I just watch what entertains me. Race is never an issue with me - whether it be with sports or music or whatever. I like all people alike. That&#39;s how it should be, but it isn&#39;t.

10. Lounge   -   #20
    jetje's Avatar former star
    Originally posted by vidcc+15 June 2004 - 04:12--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vidcc &#064; 15 June 2004 - 04:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>i vowed never to set keyboard in sportsworld but seeing the topic on the main board i was compeled to view.

Here is my 2 cents worth but it has little to do with sport.

what the heck does it matter what colour a person is and why would anyone notice such a thing ?. I see people, not their colour.
    i see sports men and women, not white/black/yellow/green or purple with blue spots.

Achievement is about the person not his race.[/b]

Well if we want or not there are some differencces, it&#39;s just Physical (genetical) determined.
    i thought this an interesting read:
    It has not been proved beyond reasonable doubt, and there is clearly much more to sport than natural ability, but in principle there is no reason to assume that certain populations have physical characteristics more suited to particular athletic activities. But are blacks naturally better athletes than whites? Not necessarily. We should be highly suspicious of any and all attempts to confuse the genetics of populations and the politics of race.
    source

Another one quite interesting read, one of the things it&#39;s saying is that it&#39;s very hard to have a good debate about this without being compromised or called racist.(Source: interview about the book.

<!--QuoteBegin-White men can&#39;t jump
    Geoff Metcalf asks Jon Entine&#39; why black athletes dominate sports&#39;

By Geoff Metcalf
    In his new book, author Jon Entine fearlessly takes on an age-old issue that affects not only sports but race relations and cultural stereotypes as well. In "Taboo: Why Black Athletes Dominate Sports and Why We&#39;re Afraid to Talk About It," Entine comprehensively addresses the controversy while blowing-away conventional explanations. Filled with statistics and scientific data, his book presents answers that anger people on all sides of the issue. WorldNetDaily reporter Geoff Metcalf recently interviewed Entine about his book and his favorite "taboo" subject.

Question: This isn&#39;t a new topic for you. You and Tom Brokaw did a TV piece about it 10 or 11 years ago, right?
    Answer: Yes, it was right after the Jimmy "The Greek" Snyder fiasco when he was fired from CBS for saying blacks were bred since slavery to be better athletes and also right after Al Campanas made a crack on "Nightline" that blacks don&#39;t have the mental necessities to be a manager or a field manager.

Q: Guys get fired for talking about this stuff.
    A: Yeah, that&#39;s why I&#39;m wearing my flak jacket.

Q: You note that 13 percent of the U.S. population is black. But the NFL has 65 percent of its roster filled with black athletes. The NBA about 80 percent and the WNBA is about 70 percent black. So are blacks better athletes?
    A: The surprising answer is "no," they are not better athletes. They are just "different" athletes. I&#39;m not claiming black superiority. What I&#39;m claiming is there are different body shapes, different body types and physiology as a result of evolution. And, in fact, it is not even a black / white thing. If you look at east Africans -- Kenyans, Tanzanians -- they dominate in distance running, but they&#39;re terrible at things like sprinting. They are not particularly good at soccer even though soccer is the national sport of Kenya. African-Americans of west African ancestry and west Africans in general are the premier sprinters and leapers in the world.
    East Africans and west Africans evolved in different circumstances. The continent was split by the mountain range, the Great Rift Valley. The people in the west lived in the lowlands and ate a different diet than the people -- who evolved over tens of thousands of years, quite literally -- in the highlands. And that shapes different body types. We see it in whites and blacks and Asians as well.
    [/quote]

I for one don&#39;t care color of skin in sports, i love sports and love to see the best possible in games, if it is Basketball, baseball, soccer or whatever. But i can understand why the question is intriging B)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12