Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who Knows About Airsoft Guns

I need a prop gun for making movies, and airsoft is the way to go. I need one that operates like a real gun. So i would need one that has a barrel that "slides" back when loading, and "slides" when shooting. Not sure what the correct term for that is, sorry. I'm currently looking at an electronic blowback pistol. In airsoft speak, is that slide action called "blowback"?

Thanks for any help

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Poster
    Pump Action, maybe?

" action mechanism in a modern rifle or shotgun; a back and forward motion of a sliding lever ejects the empty shell case and cocks the firearm and loads a new round "

3. Lounge   -   #3
    i'm not in tip-top shape with my gun terms... but pump-action applies to shotguns. I'm talking about handguns. You "slide" half of the barrel of the gun to cock it... and the same piece "slides" as you fire.

4. Lounge   -   #4
    recoil?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Lol, my horrible knowledge of guns has confused everyone
    Anyway, i just figured it out by searching for an airsoft glossary.
    Blowback is the term for all the "sliding" i was talking about
    Airsoft guns with blowback simulate the "cocking" in handguns, and provide realistic recoil.

Sorry for the confusion.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    cpt_azad's Avatar Colonel
    blowback definately, got a couple myself

the thing wit blowback guns are they're CO2 powered, loads and cocks like a real gun wit sliding action except that almost all blowback guns are pistols or semi-automatics only. i only know of one blowback/CO2 gun that's full auto, i think thats the shorter version of the MP5 (MP5KPDW i believe). as for me, i'll stick to my AEG's (my AK47 makes me look like a terrorist )

Jeff Loomis: He's so good, he doesn't need to be dead to have a tribute.

7. Lounge   -   #7
    Yes, the term is blowback. Most guns are powered by Green Gas or HFC134a. The Tokyo Marui Desert Eagle has a nice hard kick, open ejection port, and locking slide. There are plenty of full auto blowback guns. There are many SMGs, like MP5s, grease guns, TMPs, Mac 11s, etc. and there is the 93R automatic pistol, and the Full Auto Glock.

8. Lounge   -   #8
    Poster
    Originally posted by mojo2185@13 June 2004 - 08:51
    Lol, my horrible knowledge of guns has confused everyone
    Anyway, i just figured it out by searching for an airsoft glossary.
    Blowback is the term for all the "sliding" i was talking about
    Airsoft guns with blowback simulate the "cocking" in handguns, and provide realistic recoil.

Sorry for the confusion.
    Did you just say blowback simulates cocking.

FFS Mods, we can't allow this sort of talk.

I have obviously reported you for this behaviour.

9. Lounge   -   #9
    mojo2185 I knew what you meant straight away

Did you find a 'cool' air gun?

ps: I think Airsoft is a brand not the type
    Don't visit http://curlsonfilm.co.uk ever!

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Originally posted by benxuk@20 June 2004 - 07:14
    ps: I think Airsoft is a brand not the type
    Nope. Airsof tis the general categry of these guns. ANything that is a replica firearm and uses, gas, spring, or electricity to propel a 6 or 8 mm plastic BB at velocities under 700 FPS. Airsoft brands are KWC, KSC, Tokyo Marui, Western Arms, Maruzen, Tanaka, etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast