Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need An Airsoft Gun As Movie Prop

I'm looking for an airsoft pistol for a movie prop. It must use gas or batteries (prefer gas though), have blowback (for recoil and realism look), and preferably use a clip to load. Now i'm a little bit taken back by all of the choices available. If someone who has one, or knows about them could recommend one to me, i'd appreciate it. I'm going to just use it as a prop, so i'm not looking to spend more than 60 bucks on one.

I've already checked Ebay, and it seems like very few people are actually allowing bids anymore. Most of them set the starting bid at 59.99 and a "buy it now" price at 59.99 .

Thanks

2. Lounge   -   #2
    get em. they start at about £150 in thew shopps

3. Lounge   -   #3
    I need to go a little cheaper than 150, i'm not looking to airsoft or shoot the neighbors dog, just use it for some shots in movies.

Anyone recommend brands with a cheaper price?

4. Lounge   -   #4
    You looking for a hand gun?

5. Lounge   -   #5
    I'm looking for an airsoft pistol
    Yep

6. Lounge   -   #6
    This is the one I have....had it for months now....no issues yet

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews10817.html

7. Lounge   -   #7
    That looks VERY cool, would be great for my movies. Could you give me a little more info on it (material-plastic or metal, gas/spring/electric, does it have blowback)?
    And I hope you don't mind me asking, approx. how much money did you dish out for it?

Thanks

8. Lounge   -   #8

9. Lounge   -   #9
    awww man. I kinda need the blowback. But i'll keep an eye out for that style gun... very cool.

Thanks for the help

10. Lounge   -   #10
    Poster
    Originally posted by mojo2185@13 June 2004 - 18:31
    That looks VERY cool, would be great for my movies. Could you give me a little more info on it (material-plastic or metal, gas/spring/electric, does it have blowback)?
    And I hope you don't mind me asking, approx. how much money did you dish out for it?

Thanks
    Plastic or metal doesn't really matter unless you actually need to see a shot where the pistol is dropped on the ground. Most studios will use either real firearms with blanks, or as was mentioned in another post airsoft guns with cg muzzle flashes.
    Any shots however that do not require the gun to perform an action (either racking the slide or firing) are usually done with rubber casts so that the gun can be completely abused without being damaged.

There's no 'I' in 'team'. But then there's no 'I' in 'useless smug colleague', either.
    And there's four in 'platitude-quoting idiot'. Go figure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast