Thread: Help Wanted

TRshady
    Hey all,
    sorry I havent been here much ... going through gcses right now but really would like some advice on how I can help a loved one. =( ... She's going through a real hard time (feeling suicidal) .. and has told me her mother is abusing her, always physically hurting her and even put her in hospital a few times. Says its down to her mother being stressed, but obviously there is no reason for a mother ever to do such a thing. How can I help her and what should she do herself?

2. Lounge   -   #2
    Originally posted by TRshady@13 June 2004 - 22:47
    Hey all,
    sorry I havent been here much ... going through gcses right now but really would like some advice on how I can help a loved one. =( ... She's going through a real hard time (feeling suicidal) .. and has told me her mother is abusing her, always physically hurting her and even put her in hospital a few times. Says its down to her mother being stressed, but obviously there is no reason for a mother ever to do such a thing. How can I help her and what should she do herself?
    Be her friend (as you obviously are) and encourage her to contact a social worker. Good luck dude.

3. Lounge   -   #3
    100%'s Avatar ╚════╩═╬════╝
    Sounds terrible - how old is she? If its parental abuse id get some prof hlp.
    but its summer now take her outside, nature etc get her involved in other things

4. Lounge   -   #4
    not drugs though

5. Lounge   -   #5
    Poster
    Arange a "run away" & travel the world.

6. Lounge   -   #6
    social worker doctor teacher or pick up the phone or the police all will help

7. Lounge   -   #7
    ElvisLover's Avatar Gepper #1
    Beat the granny out of the person abusing her