Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Laptop Or Desktop?

I think it all depends what you want to do. Do you really need to work on a computer outside your home? Do you like playing CS while waiting for a bus? Think about what you wil do with a Laptop.
    My friend was debating this. I said I'd build her a solid tower fot $450. Nah she "needed" a lt. OK. A month & $1700 later she goes you were right.
    lol
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'><span style='font-familyptima'>&gt;&gt;FORUM&lt;&lt;</span></span></span>

2. Software & Hardware   -   #12
    Spicker's Avatar AKA jaigandhi5 BT Rep: +7BT Rep +7
    i say have both

if goin out take laptop if home use desktop

am i not smart? :music1:

My Blog
    I'm still here.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #13
    Originally posted by jaigandhi5@15 June 2004 - 15:47
    i say have both

if goin out take laptop if home use desktop

am i not smart? :music1:
    Both is the best. If you have a broadband connection setup a wireless network and you could be reading this while in the bathroom.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #14
    my opinion i would never buy a laptop. i like to play with my computers hardware. its hard and expensive to upgrade and cooling would be difficult. i you might not care about that stuff and if so go for the laptop.
    B)

5. Software & Hardware   -   #15
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    go for a desktop, you can get much better parts if you get a desktop becuase they are cheaper...

but if u want to use it say in teh car, on a plane, ooutside of home pretty much anywhere, then buy a laptop

6. Software & Hardware   -   #16
    Livy's Avatar Simpleton
    for power/speed get a desktop, but laptops are quite handy depending on what your gping to be doing,
    but if you get a laptop, definetly get a wireless network setup if you have broadband, or you wont be able to make most of it at home.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #17
    I think it depends on what suits you best.
    For ymself I prefer desktop as they generally have more power, easier to upgrade, cheaper, and also look nice
    but if your someone who travels or is a student a laptop may be better for you, it all depends on what suits you best
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

8. Software & Hardware   -   #18
    Imagine travelling with your desktop.
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'><span style='font-familyptima'>&gt;&gt;FORUM&lt;&lt;</span></span></span>

9. Software & Hardware   -   #19
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by haha21@15 June 2004 - 19:40
    Imagine travelling with your desktop.
    I&#39;ve done it...took mine to my grandmas one time, took my aunts that i built to her house...

10. Software & Hardware   -   #20
    Happens all the time when people go to lan&#39;s and stuff
    but laptops are definatly easier
    EDIT I still prefer desktops though B)
    Q6600 @ 3.42Ghz | Gigabyte EP35-DS3R | EVGA 8800GT 721/1802/2006 w/ Accelero S1 | 4gb Crucial DDR2 @ 760mhz | 750gb Hitachi 7k1000 | Corsair 520HX | 2 x Samsung SyncMaster T240 24" | Windows 7 Ultimate

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast