Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What Guitar To Buy?

Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Originally posted by FuNkY CaPrIcOrN+16 June 2004 - 23:43--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (FuNkY CaPrIcOrN @ 16 June 2004 - 23:43)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Guitar&#045;Slinger@16 June 2004 - 17:39
    SoulSeek is teh Shizznizzlez

I want to hear you say that.

[/b][/quote]
    Ok, but its getting late here, i gotta do that tomorrow...

Been a busy day here.

Spoiler: Show

2. Music   -   #32
    Poster
    I&#39;m sure he apriciated all your replys ppl.

But personaly I think he came to the wrong place to ask about guitars.He should go to a message board about music gear , instruments and stuff.And ask people that are more expirienced and know what&#39;s good for beginners.

Anyway, if this is going to be your first guitar, buy an acoustic guitar.If you are realy interested in playing guitar you should do it right , from the beginning.

Learn the basics (chords , mostly) on the acoustic guitar.Then , when you are ready for an e-guitar , go and buy one.

That&#39;s not only my opinion.Almost every true artist/guitarist will tell you the same.

This is not offensive.I&#39;m not telling that you all don&#39;t know anything about guitars.I have many musicians in my family.I kinda grew up with the music, and learned much about it.

And from what I can tell, is to start with an acoustic guitar.

That&#39;s all for now ... bye

3. Music   -   #33
    Prodigy Girl's Avatar The Wrong Child
    Definitely something that is comfortable and not too much of a pain to hold and play.

I tried learning on a a jumbo folk w/ steel strings and no pick. And my instructor didn&#39;t help matters-- he didn&#39;t bother explaining to me that I was practicing in the wrong manner. Oh, the pain I experienced&#33;

4. Music   -   #34
    lee551's Avatar no soup for you! BT Rep: +5
    my first geetar was a squier strat. it has treated me good and i still pick &#39;er up once & awhile.

ibanez also makes some good starter guitars.

here&#39;s a list of starter packages that musiciansfriend.com sells. B)

5. Music   -   #35
    kinda replied without hearing the question. I&#39;ll try again.
    (INCIDENTALLY, I don&#39;t mistreat my guitars, I&#39;ve had two epiphones before and their hardware fucks up after a while. Maybe I&#39;m just unlucky)

Squiers are fine. But since I have an irrational distrust of anything fender....

Gibson Studios are nice, and cheap (for gibsons) the ones ive seen in my corner of the world are approx &#036;800. (Australian dollars) Clean sound and low action, but usually somewhat heavy.

And look out for the Gretsch Synchromatics, really sexy guitar, thin neck and substantial enough so you don&#39;t feel like your playing a toy (my thing against stratocasters).

And Danelectros are fun. Dave Navarro guitars. But kinda odd looking, 50s guitars. Somewhat novelty.

I don&#39;t remember who said it before, but learning on an acoustic first is always a good idea. But dear GOD, stay away from the steel strings, start with nylon THEN graduate to steel once your fingers are up to it. An even better idea is the Classical guitar, good for technique, but really thicknecked so more for solo stuff than chords. But gorgeous, gorgeous sound.

6. Music   -   #36
    i dont think beginners should buy gibsons... unless you&#39;re rich.

7. Music   -   #37
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Originally posted by lee551@1 July 2004 - 20:15
    Epiphone.

8. Music   -   #38
    Originally posted by Guitar&#045;Slinger+1 July 2004 - 23:19--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Guitar-Slinger @ 1 July 2004 - 23:19)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-lee551@1 July 2004 - 20:15
    Epiphone.

[/b][/quote]
    a great cheap alternative to gibson B)

9. Music   -   #39
    n18's Avatar Death God
    if im left handed i need a left handed guitar?

10. Music   -   #40
    Afronaut's Avatar Xenu
    Originally posted by n18@2 July 2004 - 00:51
    if im left handed i need a left handed guitar?
    Not really.

Left Handed guitars are a bit more expensive,
    so if i was a noob for guitar i would atleast
    give the Right Handed guitars a go.

You&#39;d probably find out which way your hands
    works better on it after some time.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast