Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tv-out

Skillian's Avatar T H F C f a n BT Rep: +1
    I use the tv-out function on my graphics card (Geforce 2 MX/MX400) to hook up to my TV. Unfortunately the desktop doesn't come through as big as the screen size, so I get black bars at the top and bottom and sides of the TV (not big bars, just enough to annoy me ). Is there anything I can do about this, or is that just the way it is?

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    check the settings in the control panel or on the graphics card. for this function on my radeon 7000, i think u can resize it somehow to fit the screen.
    do you know if the monitor and tv have to plugged in at the same time for the tv to work? cuz i havnt been successful when i tried this...

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    I have looked through settings etc. but to no avail. It might be in there somewhere but if it is I can't find it.

And no, I didn't have to have both plugged in - for a while I was without a monitor so I just used my TV instead.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    You might try TV Tool. Search for it. They have a forum that can give you advice. It works with your card. I have the same one. I just downloaded yesterday and haven't had much of a chance to play with it.

http://tvtool.info/

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Thanks a lot for the link, very interesting.

Looks like I'll have to wait for version 7.0, but when it's out it will fix that exact problem. Thanks. B)

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    DARKSHADOW's Avatar Poster
    I don't know if it the same on the geforc 2 cards with tv-out but to resize the screen on my gforce 4 ,

right click on desktop/settings/advanced/geforcemx tab
    then nview right click the display screen box and choose screen adjustment

if not the latest driver sould support the nview function
    hope this helps

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    I have the latest detonator drivers - first thing I did. I read the forums and FAQ over at that TVTool website and it has some very useful info. It has something to do with the nvidia drivers not allowing for overscan - the TVTool program goes some way to addressing this, but does not have support for nview yet (although it is promised soon). I would recommend anyone interested in this sort of stuff take a look at this site - I found it very informative.

edit: the screen adjustment option within nview just moves the picture around, rather than expanding it to fill the screen.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    What version of nview do u have ,with mine u can move and resize the screen have a look !! if i.ve done it right !!

http://photo.anort.com/photos/mark1/small/36957.jpg

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    it seems i've done some thing wrong ,could some one please explain how to insert images and quote in post please !!

i just can't seem to get it right ! thnx!

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    The drivers I use are version 41.09.

That image is fine as a link, but it's a little small and I can't really see where you are on the screen. Any chance you could enlarge it a bit? But thanks for your help anyway man

P.S. Cool avatar B)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast