Thread: What's The Best Method Of Compression?

Wolfmight's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +1
    What is the best way of compression to get maximum size reduction? I've seen those multi part files then compressed into a package and about 150-200mb in size was taken off! What programs do u use to make those and stuff? I am a fan of WinRAR and Ace right now.

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    winzip doesnt compress very well. actually none of them compress very well at all. (from my experience).
    i think those : zip,rar,ace are mainly just used for archiving. (sorry, off topic).

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    off topic? it's software. no other place to put it really.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    never mind then. tho its funny that thats the only thing u replied to!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Poster
    I'll have to agree I like WinRAR and WinACE too. Good choices i would use those.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    skelley521's Avatar puter ghost
    I prefer Power Archiver....it allows you several choices of the file format (rar, ace, zip, cab, etc.) and you also have the option in the amount of compression.
    Create self-extracting files, virus scan of files, ftp archive and the list goes on.

HERE is their website for more information.

Steve

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    u can use winrar and pack it tight then a virgins P****y, by taking it and compressing it with the option to make it this format, rar for the main file, then .r01,.r02,.r03, and so on, then compress it again to regular .rar format, works great and if ne 1 gets a corrupted file they can ask for a specific part of it from u later down the line.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Thanks. I found out compressing a .bin or .iso into 15mb part files with Best Compression really shaves off the size. I went from 153mb to 60mb doing this..after I get the part files, I compress them again into a best compression package and that'll take off another 2 mb or so. Really helps people get they're stuff faster.