Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: People That "get Caught"

Just wanting to know one thing. For all those people that got letters from their ISP's how long was it from the time you uploaded the offending file and the time you got the letter? I have stopped uploading and downloading movies, but I want to know when I'm "out of the woods" so to speak.

2. File Sharing   -   #2
    It got to you didn't it? Can't blame you since alot people already are too.

3. File Sharing   -   #3
    UKMan's Avatar Poster
    If your that worried, just kick your PC outa the window - that will solve your problems - really, its the only answer if you are worried about being "caught".

I am not being sarcastic or anything - but if ya dont wanna get caught with "copyrighted" material on your PC, then stop DL'ing it.

PS: Make sure you destroy your HDD as well before you do it!

Peace
    UKMan

4. File Sharing   -   #4
    I find it strange that the problem is providing the file but not retrieving it. The person who has the file on his/her computer isn't exactly sitting next to me twisting my arm to make me download - why blame them

5. File Sharing   -   #5
    Poster
    Delete it from your hard drive!!!

6. File Sharing   -   #6
    Poster
    .......and as someone was saying you never know whether those many people who you let you use your computer might be downloading things. You might have a reasonable doubt that they might be anyway, who knows?

7. File Sharing   -   #7
    if they sent you a letter as a warning...they will be watching you now more closely, things like things you upload/download and other stuff you might do onliine...they might watch your connection for two or more weeks...not sure though i do know our ip is now listed "under close watch"..or something like that.

ukman has a good tip, i have to say that.

8. File Sharing   -   #8
    Poster
    yes destroy the hard drive as opposed to delete from drive

9. File Sharing   -   #9
    Forum Star
    I think you are spamming, Chloe...

10. File Sharing   -   #10
    Retired
    if you delete it there will always be a piece on your HD, if the want the can see what you have done the last 2 years so deleting is no option

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast