Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Whats So Good W/ Amd Over Intel?

abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    cheaper. but not really able to compare to the intel's raw power. once u oc though, it might be able to compare. intel is more powerful if u don't oc at all

2. Software & Hardware   -   #22
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by bigdawgfoxx@18 June 2004 - 15:38
    Truck

Kinda high mileage is the only thing..what yall think of it? With daul flowmasters?

haha has nothin to do with this thread..but oh well
    Jesus, that ain't a truck, it's a pick-up.

Image Resized
    [img]http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/pix/trucks/pnwtm/2003/frtlnr/dscn5052.jpg' width='200' height='120' border='0' alt='click for full size view'>
    Now that is a truck.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

3. Software & Hardware   -   #23
    cheaper. but not really able to compare to the intel's raw power. once u oc though, it might be able to compare. intel is more powerful if u don't oc at all
    true... If im going to O/C do i have to change the amd stock fans into those nut ass coolers?

@ the people who are talking about trucks.
    when did trucks come up with intel and amd lol!?
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'><span style='font-familyptima'>&gt;&gt;FORUM&lt;&lt;</span></span></span>

4. Software & Hardware   -   #24
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@19 June 2004 - 06:01
    cheaper. but not really able to compare to the intel&#39;s raw power. once u oc though, it might be able to compare. intel is more powerful if u don&#39;t oc at all
    Eh?
    Didn&#39;t I see a link in this forum to a power:&#036; review that showed the Intels being wiped out by cheaper AMDs?
    Never mind, my advice would be to get the fastet AMD you can afford because it&#39;ll spank the arse off the fastest Intel you can afford.
    Also, unless you&#39;re going to get one of the top dog CPUs there&#39;s not much point in spending too much to cool a cheaper but overclocked chip, when that money could be put toward a faster chip in the first place AFAIC.

Edit:
    Ah, here it is http://www.anandtech.com/cpu/showdoc.html?i=1927
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

5. Software & Hardware   -   #25
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@19 June 2004 - 01:01
    cheaper. but not really able to compare to the intel&#39;s raw power. once u oc though, it might be able to compare. intel is more powerful if u don&#39;t oc at all
    thats just wrong, an athlon xp 2500+ is pretty damn close to a pentium 4 2.5ghz, but like half the price...so i don&#39;t see how you can compare the two unless they were teh same price, if that was what you were doing...

6. Software & Hardware   -   #26
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Originally posted by haha21@19 June 2004 - 01:04
    If im going to O/C do i have to change the amd stock fans into those nut ass coolers?

That is an endlessly debatable question.

AMDs do tend to run warmer than Intels- OC&#39;ed or not.
    With a semi-effective case cooling setup the stock AMD HSF can work just fine.

The next step up wold be the stock HS modded with an 80mm fan...a solution that many overlook, but I found to be very effective, especially given the monetary outlay involved.

After that you can go as crazy as you wish.

One small caveat...
    NO heatsink, from the merely good to the truly exceptional, can help a poorly ventilated case.
    Taking care of aiflow in the case should be your first priority no matter how you intend to proceed.
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

7. Software & Hardware   -   #27
    RGX's Avatar Unstoppable
    Originally posted by abu_has_the_power@19 June 2004 - 06:01
    Wrong. A 2.2 ghz AMD can wipe the floor with all intels, especially when overclocked.

Ghz means shit.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #28
    ahhh gezzz...
    what to choose what type of amd is the best/good deal?
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'><span style='font-familyptima'>&gt;&gt;FORUM&lt;&lt;</span></span></span>

9. Software & Hardware   -   #29
    abu_has_the_power's Avatar I have cool stars
    just a clairfication, my current pc (sig) gets higher scores in all benchies (3dmark 03/01, aquamark, and sisoft benchies) with a athlon 64 3200 with same graphx card and ram. although my friend&#39;s pc (the one i compared to) has pc 4000 ram instead of pc3200 (me). he didn&#39;t oc though. does that prove my point or not? mines bascially a p4 3.2 and he&#39;s an athlon "64" and i beat him.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #30
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    That&#39;s marvelous, Abu.

What happens when your friend turns his PC on?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast