Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 Browsers And None Of Them Can Access Yahoo Mail

I have 4 browsers, IE6.0, Firefox 0.9, MyIE2, and Opera 7.2.
    None of them are able to access Yahoo Mail or Hotmail. They all give me a message saying they are not compatable with the current version.

To me it seems that the problem is not with the browsers, but somewhere in my system.
    Strangely, MSN Messenger CAN access Hotmail.
    Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where I should look for the problem please, as I have no idea what to do.
    Many Thanks.

Kenny

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    go to control panel / internet options / security

click on all 4 icons and inturn click default level

see if that helps

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    go to control panel / internet options / security

click on all 4 icons and inturn click default level

see if that helps
    Done that. No difference.

Thanks anyway.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    IE 6.0, myIE2, Firefox 0.8 are capable of accessing Yahoo mail and Hotmail. I'm 99% sure Opera is too. I suspect the problem here is between the monitor and the chairback
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BLAH</span>

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Wayne Rooney - A thug and a thief</span>

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    IE 6.0, myIE2, Firefox 0.8 are capable of accessing Yahoo mail and Hotmail. I&#39;m 99% sure Opera is too. I suspect the problem here is between the monitor and the chairback
    Yes I KNOW they are all capable of accessing Yahoo and Hotmail. They have done for the last few years thankyou. But they ARE NOT capable of doing it now on my machine&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;

Now, any SENSIBLE suggestions?

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    blank BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by 3rd gen noob@19 June 2004 - 02:41
    IE 6.0, myIE2, Firefox 0.8 are capable of accessing Yahoo mail and Hotmail. I&#39;m 99% sure Opera is too. I suspect the problem here is between the monitor and the chairback
    i only just got that.

have u scanned for virus and adware etc? and also in ur good/bad sites and host file to make sure nothing has been put in there that could stop u connecting to them
    Shut that cunt’s mouth or I’ll come over there and fuckstart her head.

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    BawA's Avatar FST Pioneer BT Rep: +1
    Cheak if ur cookies r enabled

"You can be mad as a mad dog at the way things went; you can swear and curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go"
    Benjamen button

8. Software & Hardware   -   #8
    Poster
    are you using some filtering software to hide the browser details? this was happening to me too.

try disabling that feature.

cheers.

9. Software & Hardware   -   #9
    yes, scanned for virus, used Ad-aware and spybot, cookies are enabled and no filtering software in use.

Really strange because otherwise all the browsers are working properly. Able to access all sites except these 2 mail sites. Is there something special about these sites that needs something else enabled? Not sure about the hosts file. Cant open it&#33;
    Getting to the point where I will have to re-install XP if I can&#39;t solve the problem as most of my email comes in on Yahoo and Hotmail.
    Can&#39;t understand why it is telling me that my browser (all of them) is not compatable and to upgrade to IE6.0 when I already have it. Anyway, ALL of these browsers can open these pages, so it must be something in the system ....but what?

Thanks to everyone who has tried to help so far. Will try anything if you have any more suggestions.

10. Software & Hardware   -   #10
    Chewie's Avatar Chew E. Bakke
    This problem is normally down to a firewall blocking the browser version being sent to the site; because the site doesn&#39;t get given a version that it recognises as compatible, it assumes the browser being used is not and produces a &#39;not compatible&#39; page.
    If you have a firewall running, disable it and try to access the sites; if you can then get in, you&#39;ve got to cofigure the firewall to allow that sort of communication for those sites.
    There isn't a bargepole long enough for me to work on [a Sony Viao] - clocker 2008

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast