Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush's Lunacy?

ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by BigBank_Hank@25 June 2004 - 23:14
    Clocker we took the fight to the enemy. We took him out before he was able to strike us first.

Bush is the enemy of the USA, as well as the rest of the world.
    We were not attacked by Saddam.
    this is like rationalizing beating the shit out of someone cause they looked at you funny, and you thought, well, um. he looks like he might jump me, so why don't I just kick his ass.
    Don't read what isn't there.

anywhichway

2. The Drawing Room   -   #32
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Saw F911 today. Great movie. I wish that it was more radical, but I feel Moore did a good job in the presentation, as perhaps those on the fence of how to vote might be more comfortable pulling away from Bush. I would suggest people see this. for us, there were no surprises...well, one surprise.
    I didn't know that ex-presidents were privvy to CIA briefings everyday, if they wanted to get them. Apparently, the Big Daddy Bush gets them everyday. That's kind of disconcerting.

anywhichway

3. The Drawing Room   -   #33
    Originally posted by ruthie+26 June 2004 - 05:13--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (ruthie &#064; 26 June 2004 - 05:13)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteBegin-BigBank_Hank@25 June 2004 - 23:14
    Clocker we took the fight to the enemy. We took him out before he was able to strike us first.

this is like rationalizing beating the shit out of someone cause they looked at you funny, and you thought, well, um. he looks like he might jump me, so why don&#39;t I just kick his ass.[/b][/quote]
    Gosh Ruthie, Saddam only attempted to assassinate George Senior. You call that a "funny look"? Is that not a symbolic attack, at all?

The man had a grudge and a plan. He was thwarted and we are criticised for quenching his ember before it burst into flame.

And an ex-President getting CIA briefings everyday, why is that disconcerting? I fail to see why, at all. We all get special treatment at our old jobs. Perhaps you consider George Sr. a security risk or something?
    Aren't we in the trust tree, thingey?

4. The Drawing Room   -   #34
    vidcc's Avatar there is no god
    Originally posted by hobbes@26 June 2004 - 00:25
    Gosh Ruthie, Saddam only attempted to assassinate George Senior. You call that a "funny look"? Is that not a symbolic attack, at all?

The man had a grudge and a plan. He was thwarted and we are criticised for quenching his ember before it burst into flame.

Didn&#39;t the US at some point try to assassinate Saddam? I seem to recall a bunker buster.
    Not making any attempt to justify the assasination of Bush snr. just playing devils advocate.

That said in war wouldn&#39;t it be a lot simpler for the folks that live in the waring countries if the actual people that started these wars...ie. the politicians were the targets and not the citizens drafted to do the fighting ?

it’s an election with no Democrats, in one of the whitest states in the union, where rich candidates pay $35 for your votes. Or, as Republicans call it, their vision for the future.

5. The Drawing Room   -   #35
    Originally posted by vidcc+26 June 2004 - 05:35--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (vidcc @ 26 June 2004 - 05:35)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-hobbes@26 June 2004 - 00:25
    Gosh Ruthie, Saddam only attempted to assassinate George Senior.&nbsp; You call that a "funny look"?&nbsp; Is that not a symbolic attack, at all?

The man had a grudge and a plan.&nbsp; He was thwarted and we are criticised for quenching his ember before it burst into flame.

Didn&#39;t the US at some point try to assassinate Saddam? I seem to recall a bunker buster.
    Not making any attempt to justify the assasination of Bush snr. just playing devils advocate.

That said in war wouldn&#39;t it be a lot simpler for the folks that live in the waring countries if the actual people that started these wars...ie. the politicians were the targets and not the citizens drafted to do the fighting ? [/b][/quote]
    Assassination during war?

That makes no sense.

The US dearly wanted to cut off the serpents head from bomb 1. Had it worked, so many lives would have been saved.

You are not comparing like situations.

6. The Drawing Room   -   #36
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes+26 June 2004 - 02:25--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (hobbes &#064; 26 June 2004 - 02:25)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
    Originally posted by ruthie@26 June 2004 - 05:13
    <!--QuoteBegin-BigBank_Hank
    @25 June 2004 - 23:14

this is like rationalizing beating the shit out of someone cause they looked at you funny, and you thought, well, um. he looks like he might jump me, so why don&#39;t I just kick his ass.

And an ex-President getting CIA briefings everyday, why is that disconcerting? I fail to see why, at all. We all get special treatment at our old jobs. Perhaps you consider George Sr. a security risk or something?

[/b][/quote]
    So Saddam tried to assasinate the Bush daddy. What does that have to do with Iraq? I am sure there were other ways to deal with Saddam besides blowing up Iraq, and killing so many civilians, in what Rummy loves to call "precision, air strikes."

Talk about a grudge and a plan. I almost thought you meant Bush jr. . Too bad Bush wasn&#39;t "thwarted", and we, the people, weren&#39;t able to "quench his ember before it burst into flame."
    Why am I concerned about Bush Sr. rec. CIA briefings? How about his ties with the Saudi&#39;s and the Carlyle Group.

anywhichway

7. The Drawing Room   -   #37
    I had no idea we blew Iraq up. I saw electricity in the capital city up until our troops entered the city. I saw people on the streets carrying on their daily lives. We could have simply carpet bombed Bahgdad had we wanted to. This war was on television for the world to see. Nice emotive comments though.

The leader of Iraq trying to kill an American president has everything to do with Iraq. What is the confusion?

Wasn&#39;t a World War started over an assassination. Some Archduke Ferdinand or something?

Nice comment, "other means". It has no meaning. 12 years of sanctions, while citizens die and starve and Saddam poops in gold toilets. Don&#39;t bother me with platitudes.

You can count all the civilian deaths you want and they are just a thimbleful compared to what Saddam killed on his own.

You talk about Saddam as if he were logical and reasonable.

Don&#39;t understand your last point, other than more of the rantings of some sort of conspiracy theorist. Yawn.

Since Saddam attempted to kill George Senior, what did you mean when you said we were not attacked by Saddam, bit confused.

8. The Drawing Room   -   #38
    ruthie's Avatar Poster
    Originally posted by hobbes@26 June 2004 - 03:05
    I had no idea we blew Iraq up. I saw electricity in the capital city up until our troops entered the city.&nbsp; I saw people on the streets carrying on their daily lives.&nbsp; We could have simply carpet bombed Bahgdad had we wanted to.&nbsp; This war was on television for the world to see. Nice emotive comments though.

The leader of Iraq trying to kill an American president has everything to do with Iraq.&nbsp; What is the confusion?

Wasn&#39;t a World War started over an assassination.&nbsp; Some Archduke Ferdinand or something?

Nice comment, "other means".&nbsp; It has no meaning.&nbsp; 12 years of sanctions, while citizens die and starve and Saddam poops in gold toilets.&nbsp; Don&#39;t bother me with platitudes.

You can count all the civilian deaths you want and they are just a thimbleful compared to what Saddam killed on his own.

You talk about Saddam as if he were logical and reasonable.

Don&#39;t understand your last point, other than more of the rantings of some sort of conspiracy theorist. Yawn.

Since Saddam attempted to kill George Senior, what did you mean when you said we were not attacked by Saddam, bit confused.
    Did you watch the night of "Shock and Awe" ? Blew Iraq up? Yup, I said what I meant. We have bombed the hell out of Iraq, screwed up their electricity, screwed up their water. Please, the US tries to imply they had nothing before WE got there. I don&#39;t think so. More propaganda.
    What don&#39;t you understand about Saddam trying to assasinate Bush was not the civilians of Iraq trying to kill Bush? Didn&#39;t Saddam have a &#39;brutal hold&#39; over the people of Iraq? What responsibility, then, do they have in his assasination attempt? No more than I have for Bush&#39;s invasion.
    Sanctions? Oh yeah, that was brilliant.
    Are you saying that because of Saddam&#39;s violence against his countrymen, our violence in Iraq is irrelevant? it doesn&#39;t matter, cause, gee, Saddam was REALLY bad?
    I do not say anything about Saddam being logical or reasonable. You must have me confused with good ol Ronnie Raygun, who must have thought Saddam was reasonable and logical, when he armed him to the nines. Oh, yes, Rumsfeld was Raygun&#39;s Middle East Envoy at the time.

anywhichway

9. The Drawing Room   -   #39
    And so how can we remove Saddam other than how we did?

Shock and Awe was viewed and broadcast. Saddams palaces were targeted and Badgdad never lost electricity. It was on TV.

Please clearly document where I stated that Iraqi&#39;s should be killed. I am merely pointing out that for every Iraqi killed, 10 would have perished had Saddam remained.

They were the unfortunate victims, again, of Saddams insanity.

Again, when you say Saddam did not attack us, what do you mean?

Your comments about Reagan are nonsense. Saddam was never an ally. He may have been a pawn at one point to punish Iran, but that does not mean he was ever a friend.

Again, based on our capability, we spared this counrty the devastation we could have wrought.

10. The Drawing Room   -   #40
    Originally posted by ruthie@26 June 2004 - 06:35
    Are you saying that because of Saddam&#39;s violence against his countrymen, our violence in Iraq is irrelevant?
    Never said it, never implied it. You are flailing.

I was saying that innocents will die to remove him, but in doing so, those killed will be a small number compared to those that would have died had he remained.

The sanctions came from the UN. Oh right, the US controls the UN. But then why did the UN oppose the war.?

As a liberal, who never voted for Bush, I never dreamed that I would be posting as I do. But, I just hate listening to bullshit.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast