Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your Opinion

thank you, thank you.

btw, whats that flag on your avatar?

2. Lounge   -   #22

DJ-KeTTLe Posted: 19 March 2003 - 02:46

I'm Not racist im aboriginal but when you go out your door and see nothing but asians you get a bit sick of seeing them

sorry for offeneding you all

hmmmmmm do you get sick of seeing nothing but white people.

3. Lounge   -   #23
    Originally posted by lil_z@19 March 2003 - 02:21
    im sorry, but heidi klum is not even in my top 30 (make that 50). she just doesnt seem that sexy.
    doesn't seem sexy?? have u locked at the photo???
    i think that heidi klum is very very sexy

4. Lounge   -   #24
    no i dont think heidi klum is very sexy. shes not even that hot.
    the ones i listed in the first post are in my top 10. heidi is way out there.
    B)

5. Lounge   -   #25
    Poster
    Originally posted by lil_z@18 March 2003 - 22:09

btw, whats that flag on your avatar?
    Its the flag of the Suryoyo/Aramean people

The Aramean people of Mesopotamia (= Aram-Naharaim in Hebrew, meaning “Aram of the two rivers”), the original inhabitants of the Fertile Crescent, who have been present for thousands of years in the region of Aram-Naharaim and have made a great contribution to the world civilisations, especially through their language - the Syriac (Aramaic)- also spoken by Jesus Christ, which is still in use by various Aramean denominations throughout the world, are a people with a glorious history, but they are now in danger of being forgotten, as well as frequently being misrepresented. The Italian film producer Giacomo Pezalli was so impressed by the history of one of the oldest existing Semitic people in the world that he decided to make a film about this people entitled” The Hidden Pearl: The Aramaic Heritage of the Syrian Orthodox Church”. The script for the film is written, among others, by the British professor in Hebrew and Aramaic, Sebastian P. Brock, who is a professor at Oxford University . This marvellous multimedia project can serve as a source of information for those who are interested in the culture, religion and history of one of the oldest Semitic people of the middle-east, who have been living in this part of the world for thousands of years.

After the coming of Jesus Christ, the Arameans of Aram-Naharaim accepted the teachings of Christ and established, together with the apostles of Jesus Christ and the converted Jews, the Syrian Church of Antioch, the second Patriarchy after Jerusalem, where, for the first time, the followers of Jesus Christ were called “Christians” (Acts 11:26). This church was the mother of all the Churches – and the first Church established outside Israel – whose Patriarch currently resides in Damascus , Syria .

The Semitic Arameans underwent a change of name after they had embraced Christianity and were then called “Syrians”, in order to be distinguished from the Arameans, who were not converted. However, to avoid confusion between the present-day Syrian Arabs and our people, the Syrian Church of Antioch adapted the term “Syriac” two years ago in a Patriarchal Synod. Regarding the synonymy Aramean/Syrian for one and the same people, please find here below the testimonies of the brilliant scholars of the (West and East) Syrian Church of Antioch .

6. Lounge   -   #26
    alright alright i dont need a life story!
    i only read the first sentence, and then i thought, yes, i learned about the mesopotamians in World History earlier this year! okay, im done.
    cool. B)

7. Lounge   -   #27
    Poster
    Originally posted by lil_z@19 March 2003 - 18:30
    alright alright i dont need a life story!
    Well you asked

8. Lounge   -   #28
    well actually i asked what the flag was, not the entire build-up to the point where they appointed that particular flag!
    j/j man. its all good. B)

9. Lounge   -   #29
    Poster
    It better be

10. Lounge   -   #30
    what? why r u angry?

and i finally got it. are u Iraqi or no?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast