Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How Do You Burn A 2.5 Hr. Movie On An 80 Min Vcd?

muchspl2 knows whats hes doing

2. Movies & TV   -   #22
    muchspl2
    great, glad to here it, be sure to post in my kvcd thread that you has success with it

3. Movies & TV   -   #23
    Robert00000's Avatar Interweb Fantasist BT Rep: +1
    Originally posted by muchspl2@21 June 2004 - 20:58
    thats not true, you can hold much longer than 80 min, what are you talking about, and if done correctly and from a dvd source, it will look very similar
    I suggest you not try "help" people unless you understand what it is you're talking about
    Lets not confuse proper VCD with the many derivatives. You don't understand what constitues a proper VCD.

Its not a VCD if it uses VBR. You should not confuse VCD and KVCD or any other variations, they have different compression methods.

a 70 min cdr holds 70 min of music in WAV and 70 min proper VCD (1150 kbit/sec MPEG-1 CBR). It cannot hold more on the disk because the bitrate is constant i.e. it takes up the same space per minute unless you overburn.

If you can fit alot more than 70 min (70 is a very rough figure) of VCD movie on a 70 min disk its not a proper VCD (1150 kbit/sec MPEG-1 CBR).

You certainly won't be able to fit 2 hours on one 70 min cdr.

PROPER VCD's ARE ABOUT 10 MEG PER MINUTE OF SPACE.

What you must also consider is that most modern dvd players can play non standard VCD's and let you play mpeg1 movies with better compression ratio. Just because its an MPEG1 doesnt mean its a proper VCD. Make sure you understand the format you are using.

Follow this link if you don't know what the Min/Meg for each format is http://www.weethet.nl/english/video_formats.php . Look at the table in the column MIN/CDR, it tells you how much each format can hold on a CDR.

Once you have years of experience like i have, being able to differentiate between the various formats and hybrids you will be in a position to give truthful advice.

In the meantime keep learning, do searches on google for help.
    Robert00000

4. Movies & TV   -   #24
    Originally posted by GepperRankins@21 June 2004 - 23:36
    80 minutes is the ammount of music you can get on a traditional type music cd, nothing to do with data. (well it does in a way, but...).

(like comparing bitmaps to jpegs )

that was just to clear up any confusion, but it probably didnt
    Its almost the same space per minute for CD music (WAV format) as it is for VCD (proper VCD).

Do some searching on google for help if you dont understand.
    Robert00000

5. Movies & TV   -   #25
    Here are some links proving what i've just said. Look for min to megabye on vcds.

http://www.jhepple.com/support/VCDTutor/vcdformat.htm

http://www.gotlive.us/videolist.html

http://www.videohelp.com/vcd

You can find a lot more more sites, just search for vcd on google and they should all confirm i'm right as always

The fact is I've been encoding movies for many years using many different methods so have a great understanding, and certainly know what i'm talking about.

So lets not have anymore of this lameness, with people questioning my knowledge.

CK-UK did that before with VBR and made an ass of himself in the process.
    Robert00000

6. Movies & TV   -   #26
    muchspl2
    I don't understand what you're trying to say
    you can fit more than 70 min on a cd, i don't care how many post and referrals to google you post

7. Movies & TV   -   #27
    Originally posted by david622@20 June 2004 - 02:43
    Sorry about the misunderstanding. Let me clarify:

The file already fits on a 700 mb disc. However, I want it to be in the VCD format, but the cds I have only hold 80 minutes, thought my movie is 2 hours and 30 minutes.

Is there a way to shrink to fit for a VCD?
    LET ME MAKE IT SIMPLE FOR YOU.

The guy is asking can you fit 2 hours + of a movie in VCD format on a 80 min CD.

VCD is a standard, and you cannot fit 2 hours + on a 80 Min CD in this format because of the way the compression works.

You can fit a 2 hour + movie on an 80 min CD in other formats, but NOT in VCD Format. VCD takes up roughly 10 meg per minute of play time, and you cannot change this ratio and call it a VCD movie. It won't conform to VCD standards.

Read the posts properly before you reply.

If you don't understand the differences between the formats follow this link http://www.weethet.nl/english/video_formats.php
    Robert00000

8. Movies & TV   -   #28
    muchspl2
    yes you sure do go out of your way in semitics
    he has probably never herd of kvcd and thats the answer to his question, big deal he said vcd
    you win the retard award

9. Movies & TV   -   #29
    Originally posted by muchspl2@28 June 2004 - 21:31
    yes you sure do go out of your way in semitics
    he has probably never herd of kvcd and thats the answer to his question, big deal he said vcd
    you win the retard award
    Now i'm confused

You think being able to read properly makes me a retard. Somebody explain this to me. I thought it would be the other way.

If you look at my first post on this topic i mentioned KVCD. What i don't like is people who don't understand something pretending to know more than someone who does and attack them with their misguided belief.

This should be a learning experience for you so in the future you will be sure of the facts before attacking someone who is.

What concerns me is the newbies who posted here thinking your're right and i'm wrong when in reality its the other way round.

It's better for them to get the facts from someone who has a true understanding and not go by the five stars below your avatar. just in case these newbies didnt know these stars are for posts made, and not for knowledge and experience.

EDIT: The reason i'm having a go at you is because i hate it when people who don't understand something telling me they know more when they don't.
    Robert00000

10. Movies & TV   -   #30
    muchspl2
    this is how much I care "."
    not much,
    instead of helping you just confused him, you probably never made a decent kvcd nor a vcd for that matter
    although you say your an expert
    the only expertise I see is being a dick head, the guy asked a question on squeezing a movie on a disc
    so he said vcd, who gives a shit, you and i both know he doesn't care of the format just that he can play it in his dvd player
    I suggest you just drop it, if you don't understand by now then i guess you will never get it

cliff notes:
    your mom sucked me off while your sister made me breakfast

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast