Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Student, 12, Caught Loading Rifle.

Why should this type of incident be common in US????source
    <span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>THE ONLY THING NECESSARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING</span>.</span>

2. The Drawing Room   -   #2
    clocker's Avatar Shovel Ready
    Is it common in the US?

I know the media loves to report such incidents, but how common are they really?
    "I am the one who knocks."- Heisenberg

3. The Drawing Room   -   #3
    Not once or twice has a student gone to school well armed for a shooting spree. Thank God this particular little brat didn&#39;t succeed. Parents should keep such dangerous items out of the reach of their kids in order to make school environment and our society, as a whole, a better and safer place.
    <span style='color:green'><span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>THE ONLY THING NECESSARY FOR THE TRIUMPH OF EVIL IS FOR GOOD MEN TO DO NOTHING</span>.</span>

4. The Drawing Room   -   #4
    j2k4's Avatar en(un)lightened
    Originally posted by Agamalizard@20 June 2004 - 09:56
    Not once or twice has a student gone to school well armed for a shooting spree. Thank God this particular little brat didn&#39;t succeed. Parents should keep such dangerous items out of the reach of their kids in order to make school environment and our society, as a whole, a better and safer place.
    I think this goes without saying, actually.
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

5. The Drawing Room   -   #5
    Originally posted by clocker@20 June 2004 - 09:42
    Is it common in the US?

I know the media loves to report such incidents, but how common are they really?
    Bingo.

More media=more reportage.

Incidents remain static.

The wonders of multiple 24-hour "News" networks.

"Please pick just one....otherwise our polling information will be inaccurate."
    "Researchers have already cast much darkness on the subject, and if they continue their investigations, we shall soon know nothing at all about it."

-Mark Twain

6. The Drawing Room   -   #6
    Kinda sends a message to the kiddies - don&#39;t tease the fat kid or he might turn up with a shotgun and blow you away.

Do you think school shootings are effective anti bullying statements? I know the "calling people names isn&#39;t nice" tactic doesn&#39;t always work, so are these types of incidents going to send a message to school bullies?

Also, how does a 12 year old manage to walk through the school to the bathroom with three big guns and boxes of ammo, and not get noticed? How did he carry them all - 2 trips to the car?

7. The Drawing Room   -   #7
    nm misread another post

8. The Drawing Room   -   #8
    Originally posted by Alex H@20 June 2004 - 19:56

Also, how does a 12 year old manage to walk through the school to the bathroom with three big guns and boxes of ammo, and not get noticed? How did he carry them all - 2 trips to the car?
    Not sure, but it sounds as if the boy must have been excused from class (not between periods, when other students were around), perhaps to use the bathroom, and, rather than a case of "how did he do it", must have been a minimum of traffic to witness; also, if his mother worked in the school, I would imagine her vehicle might have been parked relatively close to the facility, so he probably wasn&#39;t risking much exposure in a low-traffic situation.

The fact he was caught by someone doing a basic monitoring circuit would seem to indicate he had done a modicum of planning.

An incredible bit of luck nothing came of it.

Funny how many people, for whatever reason, recognize the sound of a round being chambered, or a gun being loaded; I&#39;ve heard this from people with next to no experience with firearms.

-Mark Twain

9. The Drawing Room   -   #9
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    It&#39;s heard often enough through television and film. Although, as the man who caught him is a hunter, it&#39;s probably one of those sounds he hears a lot.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

10. The Drawing Room   -   #10
    Originally posted by MagicNakor@20 June 2004 - 21:45
    It&#39;s heard often enough through television and film. Although, as the man who caught him is a hunter, it&#39;s probably one of those sounds he hears a lot.

I expect you&#39;re right on all counts, MN.

-Mark Twain

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast