Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New Pc

ehh... construct a pc using the alienware parts... thatz wat i did i based mine on it...

2. Software & Hardware   -   #32
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    I think I would rather trust proffesionals over an amateur, no offense.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #33
    no offense, but building a PC is not brain surgery. as long as you've done a bit of reading to make sure you've bought parts that are compatible with each other, it's no more difficult than assembling a bicycle on christmas morning. with a little bit of tutoring, an intelligent 13-15 year old child could assemble a reliable PC.

i've built a few computers, myself, with no formal training... and they all are in perfect working order, each one being less of a hassle to complete than the one before. none of them ever crash, and the only problem that's really given me any grief is the declining quality of hard drives... they're not built to last very long, nowadays.

anyway, if a person isn't timid about slapping a few parts together, screwing them down, and applying a bit of thermal paste and a fan to the processor... then installing windows... you can save a considerable amount of money to use for other things.

4. Software & Hardware   -   #34
    Ex-member
    agreed, Brainiac.

I've got a Pinned topic here on how to build PCs. I first learnt how to do it by reading that tutorial, so you don't even need a tutor.

I've always said that building a PC is like doing a very expensive jigsaw - only difference is, you're screwed if you lose one of the corner pieces!

5. Software & Hardware   -   #35
    Supernatural's Avatar Poster
    I know building a PC is easy. I never said it was difficult. All I am saying is that none of us can build a PC as high as quality as Alienware or Falcon Northwest. Their computers are truly top notch.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #36
    well at first i was gonna get a 600 dell... then i saw the nice guide pinned by lamsey and i decided to create a com myself...

7. Software & Hardware   -   #37
    Athlon 3.0, at least 512 ram, GeForce 4 Titanium Graphics Card, Audigy Sound Card, 120 Gig 7200 rpm H/D. All on a nice Abit Motherboard. All the other bits and pieces are depending on what else you want to do. The above Spec is of course good for games, and therefore anything else. If you are not playing games then the spec can be dropped down. It all depends on how much you want to spend and what you want to do.

8. Software & Hardware   -   #38
    eh... or you can just search for gaming comp specs and buy the parts seperately... a really good gaming com is like $3000 -- U.S.

now a decent one like the one im planning to get is about $1000

-- video card and sound card sucks.... lol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234