Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Prisoner Of Azkaban

Wow, you really enjoy this don't you...

Yes, I do have spare time as most people do...Right now, I'm taking a break from studying, to make dinner, while doing a bit of weeding in the garden with both my daughters...

I realise there are issues with what I do...however, to listen to both of them earlier when they came in from school, watching the downloaded version of the movie, it was all worthwhile.

And just for your information, for the movies and games that my daughter's really want when they do eventually come out on DVD they tend to get them...however, sometimes they just want to see or play something just cos their pals are all talking about it...so yes, instead of putting any stress on the daughter who has special needs by going to the theatre, I do 'obtain' downloaded versions...shoot me now...I'm not in a minority...

Spare time? Yeah, I have tonnes...but its spent doing what I need to to make them both happy...without the stress of watching my daughter freak out by going into a crowded theatre...

However, you have played a huge part in teaching my daughters a valuable lesson...that it doesn't matter which part of the world you're in, there is also one smart-mouthed SOB that will judge them...

Thanks for that

2. Games   -   #12
    Double Agent
    No problem

EDIT: there are several copies available on irc channels but i am not sure if you know how to use mirc. And several torrents circulating the said game, if you want to check out the bittorent section of the forum you'll find out, since you have so much time...

dont download from kazaa it's no good for games

3. Games   -   #13
    Did we just call a truce?

I hope so, I'm usually not so outspoken...only when it comes to my girls and people judging us without knowing us...trust me I'm not that bad of a person...

I'm really new at all this filesharing stuff and although I've heard of mirc, I don't really know what it is or how to go about using it...

I'm using kazaa which has a link to up2dat and I used that to download the game...however, the serial works but the game doesn't install...

Will search the forum on info on mirc...

I really hope that I'm right about the truce cos I said some things I wouldn't normally say...

Gatechick

4. Games   -   #14
    Double Agent
    normally i wouldn't be an arse if ppl dont act like one too

so ya truce

like i said kazaa is full corrupt games and stuff so your best chance is to get a bittorent client and get torrents from sites like www.suprnova.org to find torrents to dl stuff

a torrent is a small file that tells ur bt client where to download, it tells the client the tracker, much like a server that keep track of all the users and directs users to download and upload to one another

5. Games   -   #15
    I did use emule once but it took up such a lot of hard disk space and a while back I used overnet but I stopped using that too...

Are there any p2p that you would suggest using?

Gatechick
    (who's glad a truce has been called)

6. Games   -   #16
    Double Agent
    err i just suggested bittorent.....

7. Games   -   #17
    All I saw was bittorrent client and didn't know what you were talking about...sorry...okay, I need to look into this more :-(

It's sooo complicated...no wonder its so wrong :-)

Thanks

Gatechick

8. Games   -   #18
    orcutt989's Avatar Blargh
    Originally posted by Gatechick@22 June 2004 - 22:00
    I did use emule once but it took up such a lot of hard disk space and a while back I used overnet but I stopped using that too...

Are there any p2p that you would suggest using?

Gatechick
    (who's glad a truce has been called)
    How old are you?

9. Games   -   #19
    Tollesbury
    bt client link here

http://bittornado.com/ pm me will give you a d/l link for new movie ok

10. Games   -   #20
    Okay, couple of posts I didn't know were here...so apologies for the delay...

I'm not sure what my age has to do with anything but I'm thirty something...I only got into computing a couple of years ago...before that, believe it or not I was a legal secretary!!! However, to gain new skills in IT I went back to college and now university and all young people talk about is filesharing and I have no idea...it's took me two years to learn how to switch a PC on, although I'm at a fairly competent level, huge gaps appear here and there...

I also got the movie from a friend, but thanks for the offer of a link...

Gatechick

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12